Email being rejected

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
French Cricket

Email being rejected

Post by French Cricket »

Trying to respond to an enquiry but I'm getting
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 553 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts; no valid cert for gatewaying (#5.7.1) (state 13).
I've tried sending from several different addresses now, including my fallback web-only laposte.net address, but I get the same result every time.

I'm presuming it's a problem with the other server - btinternet - and that I'm stuffed. I've got no phone number.

Is anyone going to tell me different? (The good news is that we're booked for the requested dates! Still don't like the idea of being seen as a non-replier though).
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Nothing to offer except sympathy I'm afraid! I had exactly the same problem to a US email address. Sent from several email addresses including stripping out all links but still nada.

Fortunately it wasn't an enquiry but about making payment. Another guest had made the booking so I was able to send the email to her for her to pass on the info.

Very annoying though from our perspective as it feels like you're not doing your job!
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Have you tried googling the email address or name and area of guest? We had the same problem and guest had done typo error on his email. Got the booking.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I did try that, apexblue, but no joy.

Hey ho :cry: