Help required for task bar notification area

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
pambon

Help required for task bar notification area

Post by pambon »

A Happy New Year to LMH members. Have woken to a problem this morning on my task bar notification area.

Small Skype icon notifying me of contacts coming on online etc has disappeared - was present at midnight while chatting! Second icon not presenting correcting is the Outlook icon which should be present only when there is mail in my inbox but always disappears when I have dealt with incoming mail. Now it is always showing regardless.

I clicked the arrows to check the notifications requested and all was as usual but Skype is just NOT showing and I've also now lost the arrows to get to the notification index as I clicked on something that I evidentially shouldn't have trying to sort myself out :oops: so I can't do anything anymore:(

I'm running Windows 7 - any help out there or do I have to wait till tomorrow to contact my assistance on Team Viewer :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Have you tried rebooting?
pambon

Post by pambon »

Hi HelenB, I've managed to get back the arrow (googled for help!) and rebooted and lo and behold I've got the skype icon back but now lost the yellow outlook one!!!
pambon

Post by pambon »

Right, the outlook icon now correctly shows when I have incoming mail to deal with and disappears (I think!) when it's dealt with:)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Excellent, (I hope).