HL emails going to Trash folder

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
kg1

HL emails going to Trash folder

Post by kg1 »

For a while now any enquiry email from HL goes into my Trash folder. I have contacted them but it's "not their fault". It seems to have started since their new system began. Any other email is fine including the advertising ones from HL therefore I am assuming it must be the format the enquiry emails come in now. Luckily I get the text alert messages so can search for the email but I really would like to get this sorted out. Is anyone else having this problem? I am on btinternet/yahoo email address.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

The enquiry ends up in your SPAM box and your reply ends up in your customer's SPAM box. This is because of the mail server they use and the format the messages are sent in - lots of HTML and pictures and links.
It should not end up in your trash folder unless you have a filter set up to put all emails identified as SPAM directly into your trash folder.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Sorry my mistake. They go into the Spam folder.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Having problems with 2 bookings both with hotmail accounts. Our replies not being received, all links removed, not in their spam.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

The best thing to do is to get the customer's real email address from the SMS message and send your email to that bypassing HL's system altogether.
An alternative is to give an alternative email address for your customer to email you back on - last time I checked HL only substitutes email addresses that are the advertisers or the one the customer gives.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

We are bypassing HL and dealing direct with the guests email. Have had to send from Blackberry and copy and pasted booking form.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

It's of course more difficult to send an email from the SMS sent by HL on an iPhone as there is no space between the E: and the customer's email address. This means that the iPhone doesn't recognise the customer's email address and thinks it is a weblink. So you have to type in the email address by hand and make mistakes. Has anyone found a way around this problem?