Could you review my website please.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Lindisfarne wrote:WOW ! I agree with NC

You have lots of bookings and seem to be doing really well indeed !
Yes that's true, but if the bulk of the bookings are coming via Holiday Lettings, which appears to be the case, then maybe a tweaked website would bring more via a direct search. It can never harm to improve your own site if it means becoming less reliant on a big site. That doesn't necessarily mean having to revamp the whole thing unless you choose.
Honeysuckle

Post by Honeysuckle »

Hello,
I have just checked the HL tab on my homepage and if you click on La maison de chèvrefeuille which is just under it, it does go to my HL page but if you click just above it goes on a general HL page. Don't think I can do anything about that.

the Living Our Dream is all on one line as I see it not like you have seen it on two lines. Will check that.
Ta
Lots of hats but only one home!
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

You should just be able to edit the code. Or if it's a non-editable widget provided by HL, replace it with your own code with a link to your own page only.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Honeysuckle wrote: Don't think I can do anything about that.
Oh yes I'm sure you probably can! :wink:

I presume HL gave you a piece of code to paste in behind the image that you have added to your website and somewhere within that piece of code will be the following address: "http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/carcassonne/",
you should be able to just change that part of the code to say
"http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rental ... nne/124827"
and Robert will be your oncle.... :lol:
Honeysuckle

Post by Honeysuckle »

I think I have managed it. Had to take HL out and just do a link to paste straight to my site but that is better than peeps going onto HL's other pages.
Changed quite a few things now.

I presume HL gave you a piece of code to paste in behind the image that you have added to your website and somewhere within that piece of code will be the following address: "http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/carcassonne/",
you should be able to just change that part of the code to say
"http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rental ... nne/124827"
and Robert will be your oncle.... :lol:[/quote]
Honeysuckle

Post by Honeysuckle »

Thanks so much for your comments. Much appreciated.
have changed things some so do take a look and let me know.
Someone said about some pics being fuzzy. I can't see them and hope not too many others see fuzzy pics either. Don't know why that is.
H

And your cottage looks gorgeous, plus good value in a lovely location. Keep doing what you are doing, and enjoy your dream. Well done![/quote]
Honeysuckle

Post by Honeysuckle »

Normandy Cow wrote:Oh my gosh honeysuckle - it looks so much better!

Haven't had much time to look in detail, but just one thing:

Was it really Kate Moss who wrote some books in your cottage?
I'm guessing that you mean Kate Mosse the author not the supermodel, and that you mean the books are IN your cottage, not that she actually wrote them there which is what I initially thought you meant... :D
Done some more work on it now.
Also changed the Kate Moss sentence :lol:
Thanks for spotting that :lol:
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

But you still need to change her surname to Mosse!
(Then you wouldn't need to say "the author" because people would instantly know you weren't referring to the supermodel :lol: )
Pmagowan

Post by Pmagowan »

I think you are getting there but I would make some changes to the structure. First decide what you are trying to do with the website. As it is I am initially confused with the house sales section. Are you selling houses or holiday rental? You need a clear concise front page that sells the property. You then need a good gallery page and finally a booking page. After this you can add in what you like such as a things to do etc.

Once you have things nice and clear you can get technical and think of how it appears on different browsers, iPhone and iPad.

I think you have lots of good advice and already it is much better. Just remember the site is for customers not for you. Most will get bored very quickly if you don't tick their boxes early on. Once they are hooked they will delve deeper!
Cotto

Post by Cotto »

:shock: Honeysuckle, I firmly suggest to remove all Comic Sans from your web site. My eyes are bleeding.
Honeysuckle

Post by Honeysuckle »

lol will do. What do you suggest I change it to?

Cotto wrote::shock: Honeysuckle, I firmly suggest to remove all Comic Sans from your web site. My eyes are bleeding.
Cotto

Post by Cotto »

Anything is better than Comic Sans :).
Keep it simple: choose a widely spread font, san serif, like Verdana or Arial for text. Provide alternatives for Mac (Helvetica should be fine).
If you want to use a serif font, the text size should be bigger as they are more difficult to read on screen, expecially when small (that's the contrary on what happens on paper).
Honeysuckle

Post by Honeysuckle »

Right I have changed all the comic sans fonts.
Can I ask you to take a peek and see if it is ok now.
Merci
H