Torba near Bodrum -Help

For topics that are specific to Turkey, please go here.
Jaya Patel

Torba near Bodrum -Help

Post by Jaya Patel »

Can any one help just come back from a 2 week holiday in Bodrum and ended up buying an apartment in Torba , a quite , peacefull part of Turkey 10 minutes from Bodrum.
I really need to start thinking about marketing the property any ideas? Anyone else have a place in the area? Any good rental agents you can recommend. ? The agent we bought from charges 25% for rentals is this ok? How do you get guests to pay you..into your account , cheque? How do they get keys if you don't use an agent? Any information on the area would be usefull.Any info on flights in the winter?
So much to think about don't know where to start!
MAD WOMAN
tansy

Post by tansy »

well, Mad Woman...welcome to the forum...quite pleased you are here - you make me sound almost as if we knew something when we bought our first house!! :lol: :lol:

Wow...you were only meant to be on holiday!

I can't really offer anything really constructive except get on the internet and search...

Good luck, welcome to us 'lot' and do keep us updated how things progress.

All the best

Tansy
it's all a learning curve!
Jaya Patel

Post by Jaya Patel »

I bought the property last Friday .Decided to buy it at 4pm met the owner at 5.30pm to sort out contracts , bought the furniture that evening and flew back the next day....All I need to do now is find a few people to rent it to pay for itself !!!???

P.S Anybody know anything about insurance ? I was told I only need earthquake insurance once I get the title deeds until then the responsibilty of the owner. What about damage , public liabiltyetc?

:shock:
MAD WOMAN
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

The best advice I can offer is to find someone who speaks English and Turkish on your next visit. There are insurance agents over there and you can purchase public liability and normal house insurance from them or in some banks. The earthquake insurance is mandatory and should be dealt with when the deeds are handed over.

At this time I would also try and find someone local rather than hand over 25% to a management company and try to rent yourself using internet sites or own website etc. Look at this site to find the best way of doing this.

You say you have bought the property but you have to apply for permission first which can take from 3 - 6 months do you want to start renting before this commission is received and the house is in your name.

Have a look at the following forum for English people in Calis beach

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/?Snitz00HideCat4=Y

It is not the same area but many of the issues will be the same and you can get some good advise there.

I am in the fortunate position of having my Turkish inlaws doing the cleaning transfers and greetings etc so have not had to deal with setting anything up myself.

If you have any more questions you think I could help with send me a PM. Good Luck
Always Learning
JasmineEvs

Post by JasmineEvs »

I see the post is very old, but in my opinion you made a wonderful investment, because Bodrum is one of the most beautiful cities in Turkey (they are all wonderful) and I am sure that there are a lot of people willing to hire the place!
Bodrum, Apartment

Holiday Apartment in Bodrum

Post by Bodrum, Apartment »

HI,
Well done! I am sure you will be happy in Bodrum. I have a holiday apartment too in this area and this was probably the best investment i have done so far:)

http://www.myholidayinbodrum.com/
Lucky Owner of the Holiday Apartment in Bodrum.