HL COMMISSION ONLY NOW OFFERED

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Armacao lover wrote:The price shown on the ad is the price including the booking fee.
Thanks for the update; it certainly answers a few questions I and others had earlier.

However, a couple of points arising:

When you say the price shown on the ad, I think you mean the price shown in the quotation when you click the book button. That does indeed add their 5% commission onto your prices.

However, your prices (before commission) are shown in the price tables, and presumably drive the headline prices in the search results ?

So a guest who selects a week that is showing free on your calendar, and is showing at £400.00 per week in your price table is then quoted £420.00 when they come to book and no explanation of the increase.

Have I got that right or did I miss something ?
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
aussiefrog

Post by aussiefrog »

kendalcottages wrote:
Alvaro wrote:You get paid 48 HOURS AFTER they have checked in.
Ugh... those terms alone are enough to put me off...
Puts me right off too!
Does HL guarantee payment to the owner no matter what?
There's no way I'm letting them have control of my business.
booboo

Post by booboo »

FelicityA wrote:
booboo wrote:@ FelicityA was it you that was having problems with formatting
your location setting and if so you did find a solution?
Yes, that was/IS me! It is Wednesday midnight as I write and I was promised faithfully by Jonathan Dees in Oxford that this would definitely be fixed Tuesday. Formatting, and removing the now completely outdated Availability notes that makes me look like a complete Numbskull talking about 2012.. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that he really meant Tuesday in America as it is not yet fixed..... I really believed him! :( I hopeful that tomorrow/today will bring a whole new look!
Hope you get it sorted out soon, I am still waiting on them to fix mine!
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I emailed them, tweeted and facebooked my issue last night about 10pm and they have sorted it now. I have also asked for compensation - and not a spotlight either. I think they have pretty much cooked there goose. I have taken 10 weeks of bookings this week and none from them. Speaks volumes.
bentisdall

Will commission gradualy increase to 15 percent?

Post by bentisdall »

Lindisfarne wrote:Wow - Much quicker than expected !!!

HL etc. take full control and start at 3% but gradually increase to 15%

Sykes and Wyndham Group etc come under greater pressure to compete and reduce their commissions to 15%

:shock:
Personally I doubt it. The inspiration behind HL's new model is Airbnb not Sykes and Hoseasons. Airbnb charge 3 percent, are already profitable & growing far faster than either HR or HL
Lindisfarne

Re: Will commission gradualy increase to 15 percent?

Post by Lindisfarne »

bentisdall wrote:
Personally I doubt it. The inspiration behind HL's new model is Airbnb not Sykes and Hoseasons. Airbnb charge 3 percent, are already profitable & growing far faster than either HR or HL
The inspiration behind all profitable companies is to always try to stay ahead of the competition. If you think that the only company HL are looking at is Airbnb then you are mistaken

They will be looking globally including Wyndham (ECC, C4Y) Sykes etc.

The 3% is a stepping stone !

Airbnb may be profitable but if any of these companies can increase rates from 3% to 15% and retain market share they will do it
:D
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

LInk to more information for anyone interested http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/advert ... -home.aspx
Alvaro

Post by Alvaro »

Airbnb charges around 8% not 3.
cambalala

Post by cambalala »

Woohoo!!! thanks for this info peeps.
I've signed up with them on the comm basis, Also with Airbnb ;-)

In ZA many sites that I list with are comm based so I'm chuffed to see other international ones going this way. I never bothered listing with HL before because the fee was just so high in comparison to what I normally spend on my best listing sites.

In terms of comm. amount, Its really quite reasonable as places like booking.com charge 12% to 15% - Some places even go as high as 25%.

The most I go though is 15%.
www.cambalala.com - 3D Virtual Tour
Website On: Wordpress.
Booking Software: PIMS) - Yay!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I have no knowledge of Air B'n'B etc. But the talk of people paying 3 - 5% commision on top of the prices asked for by owners makes me ask...do these sites cater at the lower end of the market?
So a guest who selects a week that is showing free on your calendar, and is showing at £400.00 per week in your price table is then quoted £420.00 when they come to book and no explanation of the increase.
Have I got that right or did I miss something?
£20 is neither here nor there for somewhere you've set your mind to...but in our case it would be an extra £96 (3%) and £106 (5%).
Given people seem more and more to be trying to get 'a deal', I wonder if HL clients would actually go for the extra cost just to book direct/online.

I also agree that it seems very cumbersome from a business model of view to parallel run the 2 systems.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I can't seem to find much about their terms and conditions, its very scanty to say the least! I was sent an email about free listings and the 3% as I used to list with them so have updated my advert though have not asked to go live as I can't see when for instance, they take the balance? Do they take the security deposit??