Is it reliable to answer through HA mail system

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Alvaro

Is it reliable to answer through HA mail system

Post by Alvaro »

Thing is today I answered an enquiry and I doubled. Sometimes I double after a few days from my email account but today i just sent the same thing twice right away, one from HA and the other from my email account.

The answer sent through my email bounced as the email provided by customer was wrong but the answer sent through HA didn´t bounce.

So obviously I´m wondering now how reliable these big companies are.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

A possible explanation:

If the guests email was really a non-existent address, then it could well be that it did bounce, but bounced back to HA's internal email server, which does not come back to you.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I find that people booking on iPhones and iPads can slip up on the typing ratherr too easily and in a vital place - their email address. More than once I have had emails bounce and then when I look at the address again I see an obvious, or not so obvious, typo which when spotted can end up with a very grateful enquirer who missed their own mistake.
dbar

Post by dbar »

I dont use it, simply because I dont trust it.

With the recent changes to the HL website, and their clear lack of both a proper functional specification and then subsequent testing, it is clear to me that their techinical abilities are not what they should be.

Coupled with the "highly complex" (their words) nature of the website, I just dont have any confidence in them. As an example, it would seem that their developers didnt even think to alert owners in the event that an email to a prosepctive guest bounces because of an incorrectly typed email address.

Whilst this means that I have to log in to HL to retrieve email addresses for each enquiry, at least I know that a)my emails do or do not arrive, b)there is no delay caused by HLs servers being slow (particularly at weekends in my experience) and c)they dont edit my emails to my guests.
David
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

David - confusion between HL and HA I think. Although it might be fair to argue that they are pretty much 2 sides to the same coin.
Alvaro

Post by Alvaro »

wallypott wrote:David - confusion between HL and HA I think. Although it might be fair to argue that they are pretty much 2 sides to the same coin.
Indeed
dbar

Post by dbar »

wallypott wrote:David - confusion between HL and HA I think. Although it might be fair to argue that they are pretty much 2 sides to the same coin.
Ooops - very sorry everyone!
David
Alvaro

Post by Alvaro »

Well. This happened to me again and again in homeaway. The enquiry as in the previous ocasion looked pretty crap.

So, options:

A) Fake enquiries from homeaway

B) People can´t spell

And yet again the answer through HA didn´t bounce.
Alvaro

Post by Alvaro »

Forgot option C) Phishing