Hi there, another new website for you to look at please :)

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
graham_m

Hi there, another new website for you to look at please :)

Post by graham_m »

Hi there
i have just recently finished the first phase of this website for my friends property and was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to leave some constructive critism or thoughts / ideas.

I wanted to go for the minimalist kind of look so here goes...

http://www.rentapartmentdenia.com

Many thanks

Graham
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Graham,

Minimilist look = GOOD !

But in keeping with the smart look, how about the following

1. Do get the spelling correct, particularly in the navigation at the top. Complex and Availability stood out. Availability is spelled incorrectly throughout the availability pages.

2. My opinion only: In keeping with minimilist look, keep the English simple. e.g on Home page
If you fail to find some information on this website that you require, please do not hesitate to contact us
Could be written:
If there's anything else you want to know, just contact us
And link the word "contact us" to your contact page - or even directly to a mailto address.

Finally, where in the world is Denia ?
May have been nice to mention up front. Just in case other ignoramuses like what I am visit your site :wink:
Martha

Post by Martha »

Hi!

I like, it nice and simple..

A few things to add to what e-richard says...

On the homepage, you have the URL taking up a load of space on the right, and three small pictures....the user can see the url - the pictures are much more important.

It would be nice to be able to enlarge these pics too...

You could make much better use of the page title tags - good for google as well as for bookmarking.

Rather than the script to enlarge the maps, why not have both of them at a good size on the page? Then the page cpould be printed out for directions, which would be useful...

At risk of also being an ignoramus, I didn't even know it was in Spain - maybe a sentence explaining where it is? It looks very pretty though. :)

Maybe some links to other sites for more info about the area e.g. tourist office etc? Is there one?

Activities/events link is broken....

Anyway, looks good!
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Graham,

I agree with e-Richard, the minimalist look is great, but maybe a bit too minimal at times? And yes, a little judicious use of the spell checker might have been an advantage. :wink:

I also echo Firebug's comments about the page titles. Your site is nice looking, but is probably all but invisible to the search engines; Paolo has a good 'sticky' thread which includes some good SEO ideas and techniques.

All in all a nice little site, just a few cosmetic improvements and a bit of back room work and you've got a winner there.
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Ju

Post by Ju »

The minimanlist look is OK, but I find the front page says "business conference" to me rather than "holiday". Perhaps some photos of the town/beach might change this. I second the comment about where is Denia.
graham_m

Post by graham_m »

Thanks very much for all your comments, some points which people i know never mentioned (or noticed) i can't believe i didn't run a spell checker, i am usually quite paranoid about that. I shall certainly make some changes when i'm back, then i shall attack the search engine section.
oh yes, thanks for pointing out a page was missing, this was intentional for now (the info is on its way to me :))