How often do you follow up after initial inquiry?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

FYI - Just received another "re-inquiry" this morning due to a follow up email.
Kate
USA
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I think e-R has a thing or two to say about spam.
I know my gmail address has been ending up in the spam folder of some ISPs (btinternet for one).
I'm trying to reply to all enquiries using my susan@website email address now to give my emails a better chance of getting through.
I don't usually follow up as it always seems a little desperate to me, but do on occasions if the initial enquiry was very positive.
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

LaVache what are your findings in relation to gmails getting relegated to the potential guest's spam folder

I use gmail as a primary email and hate to hear that my hours spent responding to emails might not make it into the guests Inbox

thanks for any information about this
Kate
USA
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I chase when I have the time, had this back today

''I'm not sure about my holiday period yet...I suppose it will be for the two weeks I asked for but not sure at all....''
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

la vache! wrote:I think e-R has a thing or two to say about spam.
And its sadly not useful info on how to avoid the problems:

Spam now accounts for over 90% of all email traffic.
The creation, maintenance and sales of Spam blockers account for over $5bn of totally wasted business.
Spam senders and Spam blockers are in a war that will be more serious than all wars that England and US have ever fought in.

I believe:
The Internet is about to fall apart and email will die within 2-3 years unless the e-richard laws are enacted:

The e-richard Laws call upon the international community to outlaw all Spam, and to make the sending of Spam punishable by public stoning to death.

I want to see the Olympic beach volleyball courts in Horse Guards parade have additional public viewing stands and every Saturday afternoon we should have a stoning to death of at least 10 Spammers with a full brass band and scantily clad cheerleaders at half time.

If you think I'm being alarmist, consider that 5 years ago sending an email had a 99.99% chance of getting through to your chosen recipient. Today, a first email to a stranger has about a 70% chance of getting through.

p.s. None of the facts in this rant are verifiable. They are probably close enough though to understand the spirit of my thoughts.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

By pure coincidence as soon as I finished posting the previous comments, I received a (very rare) enquiry via HolidayLettings.

I responded at length from my own email address and also sent a one line reply via HolidayLettings manager to ask him to look out for the other email.

Within 5 mins I got a reply VIA HOLIDAYLETTINGS telling me that my normal email from my own address had not come through.

I have now resent the long email via HL system.

That's 3 emails I have had to send just to establish contact !
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !