Problems with Google + button

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
elena

Problems with Google + button

Post by elena »

I'm in the process of revamping our site and thought I'd take the opportunity to add the Google +1 button to all the pages.

I'm adding the correct script in the End of Body section and adding the <g:plusone></g:plusone> text in an HTML box at the top of each page.

Sometimes it works ,sometimes it doesn't - no rhyme or reason.

EG it works on this page but not on this one

It used to be on the home page with a count of 8 then it disappeared, came back & now it's gone again. All very strange.

The helpline on the website builder I use reckons I have republished the pages so often that there are conflicting elements there & I should republish each page from a blank page, copying & pasting all the info :?

I have around 150 pages over the French & English versions so want to avoid that ....would be very grateful for any other suggestions I could explore first!

EDIT - just published a page starting from scratch as suggested and it still doesnt work...

Thanks in advance for any help,
Elena
Dordogne holiday cottages
Tales from our Dordogne gites
keep in touch with Les Crouquets on Facebook
follow us on pinterest