Is it always like this?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Lesblancs

Is it always like this?

Post by Lesblancs »

Our first ever guests left today.

Two weeks ago Veronica & I were running around like headless chickens, finishing off 'stuff' and trying to make everything great for our guests.

And they were the perfect guests.
A German family with 3 teenage children, who liked heavy metal, but made no noise??? But I like noise!
They went to the beach every day, & did not use the BBQ or cooker very much. There was no damage, & the house was immaculate when they left.

Unfortunately, we obviously did not explain the visitors book well enough. What we got though was a little piece of paper, which said ' Thanks for everything' with all their signatures - and that's good enough for me.

I asked you all for comments re our website a week ago and thanks for all the input. (Peter - I now see the light)

Also I was also a bit fed up because I couldn't fill a late cancellation (for 2 weeks from today). However I tried a free trial with Homelidays & have been inundated all week with emails & phone calls, over 10 anyway.

We agreed a booking Tuesday evening with an English family for the 2 weeks - the money reached our account yesterday & they arrived safely this afternoon.

Is it always like this? But only in paradise, surely.

Robert
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

As Kevin Costner said in "Field of Dreams".. "If you build it, they will come"... :lol:

We've had 4 years of relatively trouble free lettings. Only problems have been unavoidable like boilers etc. We have guests in Sept who are on their 4th visit. I know it is worrying but..... you've probably got it just right. Satisfied guests spread the word or come back. Fingers crossed and good luck. Sue xx
Vally

Post by Vally »

Its usually good fun if you don't weaken , don't become overconfident , someone will always be along to knock you sideways, just because 99/100 love you 1/100 may hate the whole place because for some reason its not what they expected , if you bask in thye glory of the 99 you will be mortified when you get the knock back, and be so sure telling them that no one else has ever complained you will not listen to what they are trying to tell you, and it may be something you think wow ! why did I never think of that.
hope it goes splendidly and you enjoy every minute
enid

Post by enid »

What good advice Vally - we have just had the 1/100 and you are right - difficult though they were I have learned a lot from their visit not least to be more specific as to what we are offering. Sadly they didn't chooose to leave us any feed back as I believe that you can learn from negative criticism too.

So to answer your question Robert - no it's not always like this - but most of the time it is and it's great :D
Vally

Post by Vally »

I'm not a great one for " sound bites" or trendy sayings ,. but I once heard someone say that a compaint is a gift , the complaint doesn't matter its the way you handle it that is important.