Please review my website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Basilpea

Please review my website

Post by Basilpea »

I created my website with Serif WebPlus x4, having no previous knowledge of website creation, photography, desktop publishing etc, so my efforts are probably quite primitive.
I must say I found Serif very good - easy to use and understand for a complete dummy like me. I would appreciate the views of someone with some expertise and experience to help me improve presentation, and thereby, hopefully, results.
I would be very grateful for your time.
Regards Barry
www.peacockproperty.com
Over the years I have developed great skills in extricating myself from situations I should never have got into in the first place.
Pmagowan

Post by Pmagowan »

Looks good, seems quite slick. I might change the menu titles from Z'a'See to Austria and from Borovets to Bulgaria unless of course these are very popular and well known resorts.

Your photo animation at the bottom doesn't work on iphone properly but is good on Safari. I would not grey-out your individual properties as it makes them look a bit drab. I would integrate the click and hover text into one. I would also remove the wee arrow before each name as it looks a bit funny to me. One more thing that seems to be popular is the idea of a 'call to action'. Book now! or similar button.

Just a few personal thoughts, mostly pernickety because all in all it looks very good
PLF

Post by PLF »

A good reply above, I'd add that the logo reflected in the water really needs to be a higher resolution if you can as it looks very blocky in firefox at 1600x900.
Damien Meuzac

Post by Damien Meuzac »

I'd say the number one thing you need to do here is improve your pictures.

For one, I can see quite some pixels, so resolution needs to be increased (without the pictures being to big on memory)

Also, you need to stage your pictures to really sell your apartment/houses. It's the most important thing to have pictures that put your properties in value.

Check this for some ideas (I am not promoting the website, I just found the articles very interesting for me too ;) ) :

http://www.vacationrentalmarketingblog.com/pictures/

http://www.vacationrentalmarketingblog. ... xperiment/
Damien Collot

www.meusacrentals.com
twinhope

Post by twinhope »

Hi

Just a few things that stood out for me as I looked at the site. I thought at first the pictures at the bottom of the home page were too drab. Why did you shade them out? I think you give lots of information on your properties and the places seem nice and clean but I think you need to put more soft touches in the rooms so they don't come across as so cold. For instance, in the lounge photo for apartment Peacock, the room looks like a doctor's waiting room not a warm inviting lounge area. Lots of good information on the surrounding area. All in all I find it a good site. I am giving my review as a potential guest, not as a person who knows the technical side of making websites. (I would also remove the picture of the Bathroom at B. gardens as it shows a bottle with cleaning liquid cleaner on the sink. I know that is picky but I know that these are the things that let me know you really care about your place.

Sharon