Numericable ADSL in my apartment

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Marion

Numericable ADSL in my apartment

Post by Marion »

I want to provide internet access in my rental apartment in Nice. Currently I do not have a telephone although there is a socket.
I have Numericable cable tv and was considering their current offer of adding their Haut Debit internet and unlimited phone for 24.90 euros (first 6 months at 19.90euro) with a free modem.

Does anyone have any experience of NC and their internet offerings. Is this good value and is their service reliable?

It appears that all local and national calls are free, but how would I bar (or monitor) international calls?

Ideally I would have liked wireless but it seems that I would have to get a telphone line installed etc first. Pay for a technician to come out, and then a monthly line rental as well as the rental for internet access and I am not sure I would be able to recoup these costs.
No need to go far to shop 'til you drop - just go next door to Chanel. http://rueparadis.monsite.wanadoo.fr/