Do you provide a washing machine? (UK property)

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

Go for the dishwasher with onsite shared laundry room. When we go to Florida every year most of the condos (apartments) we stay in have this arrangement and it seems to work well.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

anya752000 wrote: I think the DW in the kitchen and the WM in an onsite laundry is the way to go.
I reckon that's the best solution if you can't fit both in.

In the hope that I don't end up locked in the shed, here's a thought - kind of a summary interpretation of what's been said, really:

A DW is likely to get used every day, so it makes a difference every day. It's not essential, but who wants to wash up on holiday?
A WM won't get used every day. It may well not get used at all, but there can come a point where access to a WM is essential.

So - a DW is not essential, but it is useful to everyone, and will make some difference to everyone. A WM is of no use whatsoever to some (and that number will depend on your market), but essential to others, and will make a huge difference to them - a deal breaker, in fact.

It's no good having a DW in a separate building; a WM in a separate building, and shared, is widely acceptable.

(And FWIW, we have both in all our three properties, but that was a design remit from the start.)

No simple answer then (no surprise there!)........