Yet another silly FB question - how can I "like"

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Musetta

Yet another silly FB question - how can I "like"

Post by Musetta »

This sounds silly, but, am I able to "like" your fb pages from my business page I just created? or do I have to switch to my personal account/profile and "like" from there?
Thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/MaplewoodHome
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

oooo. ok. I think I've got it now (in case anyone else is having the same problem.) I added myself as an admin of the page and then I can use fb as myself or my house and I seem to be able to "like" from both. (When it was just the house page, I wasn't able to see like buttons, but, if I login to my personal page and then "use fb as maplewood home" I can) neat.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

AIUI, if you like from your business page it doesn't add to the Likes score; if you like from your personal page it does, so most of the likes I've done have been from my personal page.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

That's correct GB, so I like from both but then hide the stories from my personal feed. This is because I only want their news feed on my business page not my personal profile. It usually works, but I think there was one I had to unlike as I just couldn't hide the stories.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

Thanks! I figured this out late last night when I was "liking" but the "likes" counters didn't seem to move...so have gone back and now liked from my own page and will need to go re-like the rest as well. Good tip to hide from the personal feed- just gets too confusing if the stories are showing on both pages!
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

How weird!
Musetta - I am just, finally, creating one for Le Gaillon and I wasn't sure which category to put it in, so I thought I'd pop in to LMH to see what other people are doing - and this post was the one at the top of the list in "View posts since last visit".
Maybe we can encourage each other!
Axx
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

Let us know so we can all "like it! :-) (I honestly haven't done much yet to mine at all...holiday craziness and all it may take me a while before I get photos and start posting, etc.) I was stuck forever on which category, etc. and then gave up and just put it under "local business" and figure I will get the hang of it as I go along (some of the hr pages I've clicked on through my liking have been beautiful!)
Wonkeye

Post by Wonkeye »

Nemo wrote:That's correct GB, so I like from both but then hide the stories from my personal feed. This is because I only want their news feed on my business page not my personal profile. It usually works, but I think there was one I had to unlike as I just couldn't hide the stories.
Hi Nemo. I've been trying to do this, with the difference that I've been trying to prune both my news feeds. On my (primary??) personal page, I've successfully clicked "hide all posts from ...", these being the one or two LMHers I've hesitantly started on the liking process and on whose pages I've placed comments about, so as to keep it to my immediate friends and family. However the news feed of my newly created business/cottage page is being overwhelmed by updates. I've done exactly the same - clicked the downward arrow, then Hide, and then "Hide all posts .." but it just won't click!!! Not for any of the posts!
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I've never been able to get the 'hide all posts from' thing to work on my business page, Wonkeye (it works fine on my personal page, and I do exactly the same as Nemo).

It's frustrating, and I've actually had to 'unlike' a few people (including a couple of LMHers) who post so frequently - as in many many times a day, and pure repeated marketing stuff - that they took over my page.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

My interaction within fb has completely changed since I posted that. I too learnt that you cannot hide all stories if you have liked from your business page. You can only unlike.

As I have now liked 100's of pages, something had to change. I now only keep pages in my business newsfeed that I can actually use or get inspiration from for my business.

Everything else has now gone into interest lists on my personal profile. So I have a LMH list, or holiday list or jewellery, gifts etc etc. You understand my drift. Now that is not ideal for all the pages, as it means I don't see anything automatically, I have to choose to browse that list. With so many pages though there was simply no option.

Things will change again as the new feed rolls out, so we'll have to see how that pans out.