Need some critics for my website :)

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.

How would you rank the website?

Perfect - My grandma could use it blindfolded!
64%
Few improvements needed to make it great
36%
Potential is there, but needs a major upgrade
No votes
Terrible! Needs total makeover!!
No votes

Total votes: 11

Damien Meuzac

Post by Damien Meuzac »

Hehe, good idea for facebook, but don't forget Google + that is really much more integrated in Google's search engine results than Facebook ;) (Did some research on that too recently, and the latest updates in google search engine algorithm in the last 2 years puts a lot more emphasis on Google authorship and Google +, and lots of other stuff of course :) )
Damien Collot

www.meusacrentals.com
Alvaro

Post by Alvaro »

I´ve done what I would do as a guest: just look at the pictures. I think your pictures are superb. It looks modern, finishings look great, it looks new or renovated, it looks clean and it looks simple. Fantastic views also.
Damien Meuzac

Post by Damien Meuzac »

Thanks Alvaro,

Indeed the chalet is new, finished building last year ;)

And yeah, we're really lucky with the view being able to see the valley on 180 degrees almost !
Damien Collot

www.meusacrentals.com
Alvaro

Post by Alvaro »

I don´t know anything about your business but the thought that came to my mind is that maybe it´s not that easy to get a group of 14-16 people. Do you only rent out the whole property to groups?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Not that difficult to rent out a chalet to larger groups, but it might be good to get some additional services in place such as catering which I see already mentioned on the website.
delilah

Post by delilah »

Thanks Damien for your kind comments about my website, much appreciated
whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't....you're right
www.anchoragemewsmersea.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/AnchorageMewsHo ... age?ref=hl
Damien Meuzac

Post by Damien Meuzac »

Renting to larger group is doable, that's also one of the selling points of this chalet ;) for families/friends but also for companies who want to go on a company retreat (hence the beds that can be modified from double to single beds and the future conference room)

We can of course rent to smaller groups (we close some bedrooms). But not too small either, price will be lowered, but to a certain extent as there are quite some maintenance fixed costs due to the size of the property.

If we wanted to do a per room service it would be much different service,more B&B, which is not what we are aiming for ( at least for now).

@ Delilah: you're welcome ;)
Damien Collot

www.meusacrentals.com
Roz

Meusac Rentals

Post by Roz »

Hi, I am new to this group but have been lurking and have found loads of useful info to help me start building my website.

I'm sure I'll be asking for a review at some point and in the meantime thought I should review some others.

On the Meusac Rentals site, I absolutely love the main picture of the spectacular chalet location, and all the pictures of the views.

The pictures of the inside look very good to me too and the rooms look very nice.

The white background looks fine to me. I'm not so keen on coloured borders surrounding websites anyway.

With my pedantic hat on I think on the home page it should say "groups of friends" (with an "S" on "groups") and: "the team has many years of experience..."

When I tried to fill in the contact form, there was an error with what I assume was a Captcha thing. It said: "An internal error occurred: 4D831C957B480.AB4182A.239A"

Overall though, it looks great!

I hope this helps.

Roz
www.pendletoncottage.co.uk