AAA New website wants negative feedback to get better

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
casagentili

AAA New website wants negative feedback to get better

Post by casagentili »

Hi all,

finally the "old" website as been replaced, I really would appreciate any comment from you, as the user experience worth much more than any professional advice.

Please mention the device used during your review (desktop, notepad, smartphone) as the website design is responsive and "intended" for beeing used with different devices

http://casagentili.com/

Many thanks in advance
Marco
passionate with historical gardens
casagentili.com
tavi

Post by tavi »

Hi Marco,

Your place looks fascinating. Just a few quick comments which I hope are helpful.

I'm using an Acer notebook with Google Chrome.

Your home page is great - I love the photos with the interesting little comments. Daughter is spelt with an "a" not "o".

I'm confused about the dates on the family page.....Ferdinando Gentili was born in 1920 and according to the “stato delle anime” dated 1849 his family counted five members, including his son Ranieri, two years old at that time.

Is a stato delle anime a Census ?

Your "Specials" confuses me...maybe leave the first paragraph out? I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

All for now...in a hurry!

:D tavi.
Pmagowan

Post by Pmagowan »

Just a quick comment as busy. looks really good and professional. One think I would do is space the 3 photos on the main page so that they are the same width as the banner image (would look neater in my opinion).

There are a number of spelling and grammatical errors but really I am not the person to advise as I am really bad at that.

I would put a short description of who or what you are on the first page. It is not immediately obvious you are a private provider of self catered accommodation, it looks a bit like you are some kind of heritage, family tree type site.

Overall I think it is a very good site. Will look in more detail later
casagentili

Post by casagentili »

Pmagowan and Tavi thanks for taking your time to review the site

I corrected date mistake about my ancestor (yes the "stato delle anime" is or was the Census up to 1861) and rewritten the Specials (but the I still need to complete the page with more informations)

I rearranged the entry page to make it more clear I manage a self catered accommodation, nevertheless I want to show that in the property there is more than just accommodation.

Concering the spelling and gramatical errors I corrected few but I assume there are a lot more, if you have any advice for tooling or service to double check the whole website I'd appreciate
Marco
casagentili.com
Damien Meuzac

Post by Damien Meuzac »

Hi,

So i saw your website from Windows xp (yes I know, replacement laptop ^^) using the latest google chrome.

Your website has a really professional feeling and I really like it.

I think you should put your contact options more forward, such as an email and number on the top right of the website or something, or put your " Let's talk" tab a bit more... hmm.. not flashy but let's say "bold", but I guess you get my point.

But in general, make your phone number more easily visible.. ah that's the word! Visible!! haha

Also, I like the "through the eyes of our guest thing". But it's really hard to read in full screen : 1) because the image is pixelated, maybe increase the quality or something (not an expert, so can't tell you the details)
2) because it's a bit transparent, it makes it even harder to read :/
Damien Collot

www.meusacrentals.com
twinhope

Post by twinhope »

Hi

I am spending some time reviewing some sites that have asked for reviews as I will someday put my site up for review. I don't know the technical ins and outs but I do know what appeals to me when I first see it. I really like your site. I think your pictures are very inviting. I would make the print darker in the menu section as the light grey is difficult to see on the white background; maybe you could bold it. I bet the picture of the water and the beach would look fabulous with the sun glistening on blue water. Other than that, I think it makes someone want to stay there.

Sharon
casagentili

Post by casagentili »

Damian and Sharon thanks for your time and further coments,

Sharon your note about the "bolder" the menu is something in the back of my thoughts (I don't know if this is the right word) but when said from third party looks immediately more urgent to do :) I'll work on that

what is frutrating me in the net is that the final effect is really different depending on the browser

Damian just one question; your note about the pixellated picture in "through the eyes .." is related to the picture at the bottom of the menu item (Plan & Book) or at this page http://casagentili.com/accommodations/b ... e-bedroom/

Rainy day today... I had to stop the winter pruning for a while!
Marco
casagentili.com
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

The text captions under the photos on the home page are only partially visible to me. I see some dots but underneath, just the very top pixels of some text. I'm using the latest Firefox browser.

On Local Experiences pages, I see [touchcarousel id='1']

The site looks very slick but I don't see what is being offered on the main page. I had to go deeper to find out exactly what you were selling. Perhaps the photo captions contained this info. Are you offering abandoned rooms?
casagentili

Post by casagentili »

kevsboredagain

your note was wery helpful for me, as you pointed out some critical point; I was somehow aware about that but tried to place it in the very background

based on the fact that I'd like to do more than just renting the property, I mixed up several topics with the effect to not show the most important one - renting the property.

Today I've just implemented some major changes to headline and home page... hope this make the property offer more attractive and clear

any futher feedback from any will be highly appreciated

many thanks in advance
Marco
casagentili.com
Damien Meuzac

Post by Damien Meuzac »

I meant the guest comments pictures,
not the pictures of the accomodations which a really good by the way
Damien Collot

www.meusacrentals.com
NonnaGiulietta

Post by NonnaGiulietta »

On the "Through the eyes of our guests" section (I mean, those guestbook snapshots) I would have blurred|pixelated the surnames of the authors, to protect their privacy.
Nonna Giulietta Apartment
NG on Facebook

God gave us the gift of speech, but has taken from us that of silence (Sergio Bolgeri, painter)
Roz

Casa Gentili

Post by Roz »

Hi, I am new to this group but have been lurking and have found loads of useful info to help me start building my website.

I'm sure I'll be asking for a review at some point and in the meantime thought I should review some others.

I'm on a PC with Windows 7 and Firefox.

Casa Gentili - this looks really interesting. I absolutely love the look of the B&B double bedroom and also all the books! That would win me over immediately. The garden also looks superb!

I like the "through the eyes of our guests" feature.

I can't quite put my finger on why but "the suite" didn't draw me in, in the way the double bedroom did. Maybe the red at the end of the bed and the carpet or maybe it just needs more light?

I think someone else mentioned that some of the fonts are a little light (for those of us not in the first flush of youth!) For example "Save costs by travelling in group" and "Seasonal Walks" are both a little hard for me to read.

I got a little confused in the garden section, as the "Useful tips", "projects" and "classes" didn't seem to click to anywhere.

Although I like the unusualness of the website, I think it needs to be even clearer exactly what you are offering. Obviously I already knew! In my experience, if there is any possible way for people to misunderstand, they will!

I hope this helps, and well done on a really quirky and interesting site!

Roz
http://www.pendletoncottage.co.uk/
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

I agree with Roz. On the iPad, I found that some of the picture thumbnails were missing. I also was interested in a 10pm checkout. Is this right? I know you can fit a lot of people in one room, but you say 5 but only show one double bed on the plan and photos.
Must dash now.
Titti

Post by Titti »

Ciao Marco
your property is magnificent and the website is lovely. However while the room photos come up nice and bright, the pictures in the header part of the template are slightly unfocused.

I know that foggy pictures are all the rage because of the instagram fashion but I wonder if you have done it on purpose or you have just uploaded lower quality pictures. I prefer the sharp ones, but that might be only me :)