Worried about Paypal 'Buy Now' button on my website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
limousin-cottage

Worried about Paypal 'Buy Now' button on my website

Post by limousin-cottage »

I'd appreciate if someone could check my website and see if the Paypal 'Buy Now' button is working correctly? I am a bit worried as if I click on it myself it takes me straight to my own Paypal account! It's the link on the iowners website. I have also (I think) set up a Book Now link on my Facebook page, via Freetobook. I have no idea whether I have done this correctly! Thank you for looking for me.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

The link from here to your FB page just takes me to my FB home page, limousin, so it seems that maybe the link is wrong?

I just clicked the Buy Now button on your website and it took me to my Paypal home page. But I'm not at all sure what you're trying to do here - are you assuming that people will check availability then make a booking straight away, paying via Paypal with no contact with you? If so it sounds absolutely fraught with danger to me. Where's the booking contract? How do you deal with deposits? What about T and Cs? What about booking forms? How do you know they're appropriate guests? Etc. Etc.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

The website link takes me to the paypal home page too.

I wasn't aware that it was possible to do a pay link from an iowners site (I have an iowners site too). Some time ago I think they told me they were looking into it, or was it 'coming soon'?, but nothing seems to have happened since then.

Have you tried asking them? If you succeed I would be interested to know how to do it. I haven't got the time to follow it up now, and not even sure I want to put a pay-now link on mine, but knowing whether its possible would be useful.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

We have iowners sites with PayPal icon installed.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
limousin-cottage

:lol: Safe to say opinion is divided on this one! I have no idea what I am doing really. I am relieved though that the button takes you to your own Home page and not mine. Now I am wondering whether I should just state on the website that I accept payment by Paypal. It took me so long to add the Paypal button - Paypal kept re-diverting me to the French site even after I'd changed the language to English. My French is good but for something like this it's obviously not good enough. :cry:
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

What I do if someone wants to pay their deposit via Paypal, limousin, is generate a specific invoice for the correct amount, which then is sent by Paypal to their (the guest's) email address. They just click to pay, whether they have a Paypal account or not. Easy. Took one like that just today: from my generation of the invoice to receiving payment took four and a half minutes!

You need to decide whether you're going to cover the commission costs or they are; if they are, you need to add the commission amount to the invoice.
limousin-cottage

French Cricket wrote:What I do if someone wants to pay their deposit via Paypal, limousin, is generate a specific invoice for the correct amount, which then is sent by Paypal to their (the guest's) email address. They just click to pay, whether they have a Paypal account or not. Easy. Took one like that just today: from my generation of the invoice to receiving payment took four and a half minutes!

You need to decide whether you're going to cover the commission costs or they are; if they are, you need to add the commission amount to the invoice.
Yes, that's probably the best way! I just thought my website would look more professional with a Paypal button. :cry:
limousin-cottage

I've thought better of it and removed it!
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

With PayPal is pretty easy to set up a page on your site with several deposit price buttons and tell them in an email how much to pay.

Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

You could also set up a PayPal button with a quantity entry box, where you have priced each unit at 1$ (pound, euro, etc...), and ask the guest to enter the appropriate amount in the quantity box and then click the button.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Yes - there are many ways to skin the PayPal cat :)
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
limousin-cottage

I've chickened out and removed it I'm afraid. :oops: I've managed so far without it I guess. :roll:
silvio

Post by silvio »

Hi had paypal for some time now, rarely I use it

www.papayagarden-dianibeach.co.uk

www.dianibeach-affittocasavilla.com