sunnyrentals

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
gogalicia

Post by gogalicia »

brendan wrote:I clicked on the link to the Danish site but it´s a Danish site for Danish holiday homes so not much use for rentals in other European countries.

Still looking for a good site for the Scandinavian market.
We tend to get Scandinavians through Homelidays - hope that helps.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

brendan wrote:I clicked on the link to the Danish site but it´s a Danish site for Danish holiday homes so not much use for rentals in other European countries.

Still looking for a good site for the Scandinavian market.
I looked at this site. I know absolutely nothing about them and I don't know where you are based, Brendan but they do in fact cover most of Europe, excluding the British Isles.
brendan

Post by brendan »

I had another look and it does, in fact, link to a site called novasol. Does anyone have any experience of this site?
aussiefrog

Post by aussiefrog »

Received yet another email from Sunny with an extremely long blurb of how they operate, new deals for advertising etc etc, sent from a Rex Khan (good Scandinavian name if ever I heard one). I really can't be bothered reading it all but apparently they are now tops in the Russian market too. Or so they say.... :lol:

To be honest, the Russian market is not one that I'd actively pursue but just out of interest, has any one had experience with Russian guests? Is receiving payment ever a problem? I always transfer back security deposit refunds, has anyone ever done this to Russia?
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I've never had a Russian booking, but I don't think I'd accept one. I don't like to be generalist but my experience of them on holiday in various countries around the world over the years is not favourable. Unfortunately those that can afford to travel lack manners, regard for theirs and others safety, are rude and commit the most horrendous fashion crimes.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
aussiefrog

Post by aussiefrog »

I did recently have an enquiry from Russia but (fortunately) the property wasn't available so I replied to let them know. A message came right back saying they hoped that was the truth and I wasn't making it up because they were Russian!

Had another lot from Romania, 4 adults + 3 kids wanting a 2 bed apt that was advertised to sleep 4. When I pointed that out I had a very rude email back.

I too wouldn't want a booking from Russia, nor Romania come to that, they just don't have the same cultural values as Europeans, I'm not prepared to take the chance.
Rogthedodge

Post by Rogthedodge »

What can I say but once again LMH has come up trumps, had the call today and yes took ages to give email addy, and yes got the email, then I read here....Have replied very politely, please do not dirty my step again. I did use 1 very low trick to gain sympathy, we will see if that works. I hitched on to the Denmark/Sweden sell, but when I saw Russia, Oh No Oh very No. once again thanks all posters on LMH. Our man P should get a nighthood for this site.
Deary me am I real.

www.holiday-rentals.com/52179
Marks

Post by Marks »

Just had the call from this lot as well. Very aggressive man called "Roberto Isla" encouraged me to go to google.dk and type into the search box "No1 website for holiday rentals in Scandinavia" or some such nonsense. When I pointed out no-one in their right mind would type that if they were looking for an apartment in Alicante he got very agitated and said he could drop the price even further if that was an issue. The issue is the website doesn't appear on page 1 of Google for a sensible search term, or page 2 or.........I think we both hung up at the same time.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Exciting Sunny Rentals update.........

An email has just arrived offering me 12 months for 55 Euros. Mr Isla just won't take NO for an answer.......
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
FadoFlats

Sunny rentals

Post by FadoFlats »

ilovedogs wrote:Has anyone tried to ask if they are willing to work on a commission-based performance model?

For those who have actually signed up with them, how was your inquiries bookings?

Their offer to us was EUR 1,000 (from normal price of EUR 2,080) for 20 adverts.
Update: 12 weeks advertising with Sunny Rentals. 10 properties. ZERO inquiries
www.fadoflats.pt - Hey big spender, won't you spend some time with me?
booboo

Re: Sunny rentals

Post by booboo »

FadoFlats wrote:
ilovedogs wrote:Has anyone tried to ask if they are willing to work on a commission-based performance model?

For those who have actually signed up with them, how was your inquiries bookings?

Their offer to us was EUR 1,000 (from normal price of EUR 2,080) for 20 adverts.
I think we are around the year mark and not one enquiry, they did Send me an email, I didn't read it, I took no prisoners and told them where to go!
That was the last I heard from them :D :D :D
FadoFlats

Re: Sunny rentals

Post by FadoFlats »

booboo wrote:
FadoFlats wrote:

I think we are around the year mark and not one enquiry, they did Send me an email, I didn't read it, I took no prisoners and told them where to go!
That was the last I heard from them :D :D :D
Is there an authority we can present a complaint? Showing evidence of fraud might be difficult but having them investigated might bring up to light a lot more of dirty sheets.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Got my regular call from Sunny Rentals today, came through on my mobile number fyi: 00 45 36 96 43 48, now noted on my contacts.

When I managed to establish who he was calling from during his rambling spiel in his Scandinavian/Asian accent I informed him I was not interested and had previously requested not to be contacted, he still tried to continue but I prompted him to stop and listen and understand I wish to not be contacted and be removed from their contact list. He hung up........'till next time....
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
theoharis

Sunnyrentals...very cloudy

Post by theoharis »

Hello,
I listed with them with the same thoughts...targeting the Scandinavian market... but no luck, a TOTAL waste of my money and the time I spent listing with them.
I contacted them asking for a refund, since I had not received a single enquiry...nor referral to my website. I got a standard polite template response about making listings more attractive.

Hope this helps!
Theoharis
FadoFlats

Re: Sunnyrentals...very cloudy

Post by FadoFlats »

theoharis wrote:Hello,
I listed with them with the same thoughts...targeting the Scandinavian market... but no luck, a TOTAL waste of my money and the time I spent listing with them.
I contacted them asking for a refund, since I had not received a single enquiry...nor referral to my website. I got a standard polite template response about making listings more attractive.

Hope this helps!
Theoharis
They are organized creative fraud. I asked for refund also and got the same type of email. Over 3 months with them and not one single inquiry.
To block dates in their website you have to add the name of the client and his email address. Most likely selling the data base is their second way of making money (unless you type notoriously fake email addresses).
Trying to find a way to present criminal charge against them...
Mario