sunnyrentals

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
theoharis

Sunnyrentals...very cloudy

Post by theoharis »

Mario keep us posted!

Theoharis
theoharis

Sunnyrentals...

Post by theoharis »

Hello again,
I just realised that I had paid them via PayPal...so I lodged a dispute on them.
Even if I do not get any money back (it is past the 45 days that Paypal allows), at least I might taint their reputation with Paypal...

I will keep you posted on how that goes.
Theoharis

PS Happy Easter to those involved ;-)
HoneypotCottages

Post by HoneypotCottages »

Just had a call and will be emailing them back (having received their email with info) to say do not call again.

Thanks LMH'ers!
Andy Smith
benaldo

Post by benaldo »

Sebastian from SunnyRentals has been in touch with me a few times in the last week and can't seem to handle me wanting some more info before parting with £200 or so. This is his latest reply, to me asking for some info on likely traffic to our listing and likely bookings that might come about - basically anything to back up their claims that hoards of Scandinavians are desperate to holiday in Powys in the off-season. Here's his reply:

"Why do you think you need this kind of information, are you doubting on us or trying to say that your property is not good enough to attract a single booking when it will be published with us and our 100+ channel partners and showcased to front of our more than 24 million regulars travelers of Momondo, SuperSaver, Norwegian Airlines and many more.

You tell me you want to take the deal or want to cancel it. We need a few property from this region and i will find the home owners who want bookings in outside summers"

I told him his approach sucks, and that I'm out.
vbublica

sunny shit

Post by vbublica »

I also had really bad experience with SR but only with their way of treating me. Recently they took 270 euro from my account cause my subscription expired and they automaticly renewed it for the next year. I didn't know and they didn't inform me that i need to change that option when i log in, so unless you put "automatic subscription" off, the same thing will happen to others as well. After that i used all the cursing i could but nothing happened, they are just thiefs and we are all idiots.
The only thing which is different in my case is number of enquiries and bookings, i had many enquiries with them and 4 bookings so at least i didn't lose invested money. Of course, i will not continue to work with them after my ad expires cause they just don't deserve it. Once they offered me to put my ad on front page if i pay them extra 200 euro. I did so and they never did it.
They are just criminals and it is matter of time when will they get cought. At least i hope so.....
Jemima Copping

Sunny rentals

Post by Jemima Copping »

I had a phone call yesterday from someone called Morten Hauser, very polite and nice on the phone, gave me the spiel about how our property was just what Sunny Rentals is looking for, and then the spiel about 24 million customers. It sounded OK, so I said I'll ask my husband and please send everything by email, which he did. it looked interesting, although £190 seemed a lot, so I then decided to Google them and found lots of complaints about them on www.scamadviser.com/is-sunnyrentals.com-safe.html and decided immediately no way, Sent an email back saying my husband doesn't want to join them. Got 2 phone calls in succession which I missed and an email asking why I had turned them down. I haven't replied to that but another call came through this morning which I also missed.
If they email again I shall send the link above as a reply.
:roll:
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!
Codliveroil

Wasted my money with SR

Post by Codliveroil »

I wish I had seen this forum before I wasted my money with SR!

Been with them 4 months and not one miserable inquiry out of their 24 million clients.

I am sure something is not quite right with them, how come I cannot have a link to my website after paying £190, after all they don't take bookings and commission like TA FK HL et al, so why not? And why do they redirect calls, I think they want to take control of every inquiry for their own use/database/whatever? It makes me think that they want to grab any prospective client before they get a chance to contact me?

Then when you want to add one of your own bookings to the calendar they want you to give complete details of who it is with their contacts etc......come on...... its not mandatory but some suckers might fall for this, why cant you just tick the boxes to make days unavailable like every other site! They have it like this like its doing you a favour so you can keep accurate records ..........oh yeah!

Where are they based? Denmark? No way that's just a front. Try India, it seems all the callers have an Indian accent not because they use call centers but because the set up is in India......perhaps?

Or, am I just being paranoid?
Codliveroil

Sunny Rentals Scam

Post by Codliveroil »

Then I found this what a sucker I have been:

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-websit ... entals.com

7 months now and not 1 solitary inquiry!.....I wonder what happened to them..........doh!

[/url]
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

You live and you learn. Unfortunately you either stick to the biggies where you know what you are getting (for better or worse) or you fly solo and try to build a truly independent business via your own advertising. There are so many chancer operations like Sunny Rentals and twenty minutes researching them will usually reward you.
Cas & Irene

Post by Cas & Irene »

Every year we make up the balance, how much we have received through SR and is it worth to go on with them.
Last year it was ok and had some good bookings.
For this year 2 very good enquiries but unfortunately we could not offer the full requested period.
All the enquiries and bookings are most of the time from Scandinavia and some from Germany.

To be honest, the site looks not too bad, easy to manage and they don´t want to ¨sit on my money ¨(not yet!).
The subscription fee is reasonable and they respond within a few ours when we send an email
But to be honest, when we not get at least one booking before the renewal date in April, we quit with SR.
Sail with the wind from today and count your blessings!
http://www.Bed-and-Breakfast-Barcelona.com
St. Katharine B&B-Hotel Boat in Barcelona!
Follow us on Twitter : @Yacht_Barcelona

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BedandBreakfastBoatBarcelona
noud

Scam

Post by noud »

I have been on sunny rentals for 18 months and did not receive one single inquiry. The house luckily rente out completely via ither sites.
Cas & Irene

Post by Cas & Irene »

Beautiful project, nicely done and looks great!

We have received since 1-1-2015 only 3 enquiries from SR.

Two Scandinavians (see my previous posting).

Third one was only for one night.
Sail with the wind from today and count your blessings!
http://www.Bed-and-Breakfast-Barcelona.com
St. Katharine B&B-Hotel Boat in Barcelona!
Follow us on Twitter : @Yacht_Barcelona

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BedandBreakfastBoatBarcelona
lester1meg

Post by lester1meg »

They've just given me a spiel about guests looking for laid back sunny vacations. We're in Ireland!
GRL

Post by GRL »

Just put the phone down from Sunny Rentals after an interesting 5 minute chat with them. Give the caller her due, she was persistent, even after I told her exactly what I thought of her company but when she started to get cross with me I put the phone down (and my soup was getting cold!).

She kept banging on about all these Norwegian guests who were desperate to holiday in Normandy so I clicked on the link on their website to Norwegian.com and came up with a page that looked like Sunny Rentals http://norwegian.sunnyrentals.com/en/

So then I clicked on the company via a search in Google http://www.norwegian.com/en/ and got a totally different page.

I think I may tweet them at @Fly_Norwegian to see what they have to say about their connection with Sunny Rentals.

Oh and my number was harvested from OD as she asked to speak to the owner of the "Eco-Gites of Lenault, the Welcoming gite in the rural Calvados region of Normandy" - my exact opening words on OD and nowhere else.
Codliveroil

11 month update

Post by Codliveroil »

11 months and still not one inquiry, not even a Bogus one.

Hope they all get Delhi Belly......permanently :wink: