Flipkey payments

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
booboo

Flipkey payments

Post by booboo »

Is any one on here using FK on a commission only basis?
I signed up with them a couple of months ago.
I have just had my second in enquiry from them. The first one.. I did not send a payment request to and heard nothing back.
This one I sent a payment request to... FK sent me an email saying that they have asked the guest to pay within seven days...How do I know if the guests wants/pays to go a head with this???
Sorry but I am rather confused about this system :roll:
Alvaro

Post by Alvaro »

I guess you just have to wait 7 days and see what happens.

By the way, I want to be in this commission thing from Flipkey so as It wouldn´t give me that option in my account I created a new one but it is constantly saying pending.

I also sent some emails some while ago but they said this option was only for special properties, anyone knows how to get this commission thing activated?
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

I used to be on the normal Flipkey scheme, but discontinued because of the bad quality of inquiries. Everyone seemed to be a bargain hunter and only one booked out of 129 inquiries.

I was offered this commission based system a couple of months ago, I think they so far only offer it to previous customers. I decided to accept it, now that I am managing my place myself.

I don't have high hopes for it, but figures that it might do some good for exposure.
Regarding the punters 7 day possibility to pay. I consider those 7 days to be open. If someone would pay, I'm sure that I will hear from FK/PP and then I'll block it. But otherwise it's first pay, first in.
Pessimists only get positive surprises.
booboo

Post by booboo »

Well I just went back into FK and they say they will notify you by email when the quest pays, I can only assume with time and lots of mistakes that I will get the hang of it or not! I sent myself an enquiry to test the process but I only received two of the reply emails I sent myself, had I been a real guest I would have been left in limbo :shock:

Alvaro, I believe that you have to sign up for the free trail, that's what I was on, then said I didn't want to renew, they then came back with the commission offer.

The guest has to pay the conversion rate to US Dollars plus 10% booking fee if its below 500 dollars, we pay them 3%.
Please correct me if I am wrong!

Who pays the conversion back into Euros?
Was hoping someone on here had used it to get some first hand experience!
theoharis

Flipkey listing

Post by theoharis »

Hello,
I had a paid listing on Flipkey for one of my properties and indeed I got few and low quality requests from it. However because of Tripadvisor, I believe that you need at least a foot in the door with them because they are the No1 review site on the internet for hotels etc.

Some observations on their commission only service:
- It is free, which is good
- The catch is that (at least for Greece) the payments are sent to your Paypal account, which will probably incur an additional fee (~3%). I have not received a payment yet so I will need to get back to you on this.
- Payments are held with Flipkey until the day after checkin, so this might create cashflow problems if you get many bookings from them
- I have responded to requests via their system and got some answers, so this is not a problem.

All in all I think it is worth listing with them...

Theoharis