Saving images for web

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Topcat

Saving images for web

Post by Topcat »

Can anyone help me, please? Up to now I've always just used high res. images on my website or Flckr, FB etc. People keep telling me I shouldn't do that, but I don't know how to change them. I don't want to lose the original file, either.

I'm using Elements 7 and I have been into the Help section but the instructions seems to assume an awful lot of prior knowledge that I don't have.

I'd be really grateful for some advice.

TC
CSE

Post by CSE »

Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
CSE

Post by CSE »

I have just had a quick peek at your website. At random I picked on this photo: http://www.spainbeachapartment.eu/light ... humb4a.jpg
The size is ok 380px × 285px (scaled to 349px × 184px)40,35 KB (41.320 bytes)
I expect you could compress it a bit more maybe even save it as PNG, without loosing quality.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Ian and Irene, that website is nothing to go on, as I didn't set it up. However, I like the youtube thing so I'll look at that when I have time tomorrow morning. Thanks for that. I forget Youtube and it's brilliant - you can get instructions for just about anything.
The other day I was struggling to fix up some speakers to my computer and found a little tutorial. Hey Presto!

TC