Lack of bookings

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
Mimmsy

Lack of bookings

Post by Mimmsy »

Hi everyone, it's been a while that I have been into the forum. I've just found the chance to update my websites and so back into computer mode. I just wondered if any of you are experiencing the same problem as me. Although I have been working online for years now, it has become more and more the trend to book last minute or try to squeeze every penny out of the owner of a property. Here in Cyprus, things are very bad, bills are rising all the time but we have had to reduce prices to get any bookings so have been forced to work on a tight budget. I just wondered if it is just a Cyprus thing on others of you are experiencing the same problems. :roll:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

So sorry to hear that Mimsy.
Here we're OK for the moment as supply isn't outstripping demand - yet. Also, for some reason I can't explain, this island seems to be an expensive market generally for rentals...so prices are strong. Many nationalities see Ibiza as an upmarket destination.

I don't know what to suggest other than maybe look at your positioning in the market.
Are you getting enquiries (so your current advertising is working) but they want to drive you down on price?
If there's lots of rentals properties where is the greatest strain? If you're currently in that area try and get out. By upgrading your offering for example? Or advertising for a different market?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Mimmsy

Thanks Mouse,

Post by Mimmsy »

Thanks Mouse, we are trying different markets and of course to upgrade the property cost's money which we don't have at the moment.
tavi

Post by tavi »

Hi mimmsy,

Here in Portugal the economy is suffering badly, tourism being one of the victims of course.

My little apartments are doing OK so far, though bookings are completely unpredictable - some early bookers, many last minute.

I had a look at your website and have to say I think it could do with an update. I found it very confusing and couldn't find any photos of the accommodation. Also the advertisements make it look very cheap.

Why not ask for some help and suggestions on the website review board of this forum. Costs nothing and the advice around here is truly valuable.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I completely agree with tavi about your website. Unless your bookings are all coming in via other sites, then your website is absolutely key to your success. Perhaps not what you want to hear, but all it will cost you is time (and lots of it!). :)
MaggieP

Post by MaggieP »

Hi Mimmsy

Sorry, but I agree with the above comments about your website. When I looked, the main header said "Kantayiannia house and centrally located", so my first reaction was it was one house/villa that was in the centre of the island.

Then I saw that this villa could be split, or you could rent the whole villa? I then tried to find how far away they were from the beach and I saw you have a tab on the left for a beach apartment. I then realised you have an umbrella of properties, not sure what they look like or where they are located and all offering different things for the holiday maker? If so that is where I also find the website confusing and I would, sorry to say, have moved on to another website.

I hope this helps

Maggie
aasta

Post by aasta »

www.weebly.com is a site where one can create one´s own website and basic package might still be free or very low cost.....and it is very easy to navigate. We recently translated our site into German (on Weebly), hoping to lure more German, Swiss and Austrian guests....since their economy is in better shape than most and they love to travel to sunny climates. A no cost idea is to contact walking tour organizers in various countries. Can easily be found through google.
aasta
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Sorry that your bookings are coming in slowly. I've just had a look at your website, and on this page the prices are showing for 2008 and haven't been updated. Anyone clicking on there may not then go to your prices page.
Pissouri Villas page has nothing on it at all, and when clicking through the pages, other different ones keep appearing in the very cluttered menu.
Last edited by Hells Bells on Sat May 04, 2013 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.