Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Cyprus situation.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue sky girl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Cyprus Banks Reply with quote

Hi all, thanks for the feedback I am going out next week and have to have my pool done. Not the best timing as I think I will have to be at the bank every morning to take out the cash to pay for it!
Still, the sun will be shining and I wont be watching out for snow, so I think I can bear it...
PW in Polemi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning blue sky girl

The sun is shining, spring flowers are blooming, birdies are busy nest building, and our pool is sparkling! Our tourists are happy to be here in the warmth, away from the yukky UK weather Very Happy

You can withdraw 300 cash per day from the ATM (or a cumulative i.e. nothing today, but 600 tomorrow). Most places are now accepting debit cards (but possibly not those drawn on Laiki Bank) but not cheques because banks (as of yesterday) were only accepting their own cheques for depositing in accounts. However, things are changing fairly rapidly out here and I'm sure it won't be long before the whole system is back to normal - except for those poor people who had to bear the brunt of the EU/IMF/ECB troika's wrath and take a VERY heavy haircut. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> Rest of World All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: