Cyprus situation.

For topics that are specific to a country not covered above, please go here.
blue sky girl

Cyprus Banks

Post by blue sky girl »

Hi all, thanks for the feedback I am going out next week and have to have my pool done. Not the best timing as I think I will have to be at the bank every morning to take out the cash to pay for it!
Still, the sun will be shining and I wont be watching out for snow, so I think I can bear it...
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Morning blue sky girl

The sun is shining, spring flowers are blooming, birdies are busy nest building, and our pool is sparkling! Our tourists are happy to be here in the warmth, away from the yukky UK weather :D

You can withdraw €300 cash per day from the ATM (or a cumulative i.e. nothing today, but €600 tomorrow). Most places are now accepting debit cards (but possibly not those drawn on Laiki Bank) but not cheques because banks (as of yesterday) were only accepting their own cheques for depositing in accounts. However, things are changing fairly rapidly out here and I'm sure it won't be long before the whole system is back to normal - except for those poor people who had to bear the brunt of the EU/IMF/ECB troika's wrath and take a VERY heavy haircut. :(
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!