Information Folder

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Foxandsot

Information Folder

Post by Foxandsot »

Hello

I've been thinking about the folder of info that I will be leaving in the house for our guests. I will be leaving all the instructions for any appliances, info on the area (things to do etc), tel numbers of emergency services and any other useful ones. I was thinking I would have to put something about using the pool and maybe guests keeping an eye on their kids, but I don't want to sound patronising or make them feel that they will be staying in a jail! Do any of you put house rules in your info folders?

Thanks

Michelle
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Well, thinking about it , I do but I try and keep it light. I don't do a list but mention it ( whatever the "it " is ) in the relevant section.I write about the loos ( sad, innit? ) and septic tank and tell them not to put anything down them other than french loo paper or else it may re=appear ! When I get to the pool it isn't light any more as pool safety can't be messed around with so I just state the rules- I want them to read and digest, not laugh them off!! When I do the meet and greet I mention the 3 areas I think are most important, ie, swimming pool safety,septic tank, then adding Calgon to the washing machine, for everything else I refer them to the book. Then I smile and wish them a fabby holiday :lol: