Modern Parenting?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Woh-oh! You're not a Leeds fan are you!?

Mouse
x
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Most certainly not !! :lol: :wink:
enid

Post by enid »

That's Ok then :wink:
Ju

Post by Ju »

And what may I ask is wrond with being a Leeds fan??

Ju - Another yorkshire lass.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Haha- maybe a war of the White Petals instead? :wink:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Well I give up!!!!!

My husband has just had to tell 2 teenage girls (staying with parents) not to sit on the wall that runs around the top of the roof terrce (for safety)!!
He explained there were plenty of chairs, settees for them to sit on and it wouldn't involve the risk of a 30mtr fall.

And this after explaining to the parents that the roof terrace is an area only for adults!?

Mouse
x
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Do you think people get so chilled that they forget all that has been said to them? Brain turns into mush? They certainly beat understanding at times, as LMH frequently demonstrates.

Note the use of 'they'. 8)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Jane I think you've hit the nail on the head! I know people are stressed out these days (I can join them on that one on occasion) but the way they put their own or their kids safety at risk whilst on holiday is scary.

At the moment Ibiza seems to be the 'falling to your death from your balcony' capital of the world. So far this summer 10 young men (interestingly 80% have been irish) have fallen either to their death or ended up in a coma. The latest one was last night when a 45 yr old man fell from his balcony!

My husband did not want the same thing happening at our villa!

Mouse
x
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

Mouse wrote:At the moment Ibiza seems to be the 'falling to your death from your balcony' capital of the world. So far this summer 10 young men (interestingly 80% have been irish) have fallen either to their death or ended up in a coma. The latest one was last night when a 45 yr old man fell from his balcony!
Reminds me of when I working in Alanya Turkey. The Finnish tourists kept getting run over. It was only ever Finnish for some reason, normally around mid day and of course on most occasions large amounts of alcohol.
Always Learning
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Hanorah - that made me giggle! How odd!

I particularly felt sorry for the parents of a 22 yrd old irish lad who arrived on the island, went drinking for 2 hrs with his mates and then decided to 'dive' into the fountains in Sant Antoni. They're only 12ins deep in water. Result - he is now quadraplegic (sp?) with serious burns to his lungs through inhaling the chlorinated water.

All this bad behaviour gets this lovely island a bad name...but I digress from the subject of the thread - sorry!

Mouse
x