cancellation invoice

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
kas33

cancellation invoice

Post by kas33 »

Yesterday the guests due on Saturday reluctantly cancelled due to severe illness. They have asked me to send them a 'cancellation invoice' so they can claim back the cost of the gite on their travel insurance.

Can anyone tell me what sort of thing the insurance company will expect? I haven't a clue where to start.

Karen
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I think you just need an invoice (your address, their name, accommodation rented, SIRET, invoice number, amount paid), which shows the amount that has been paid in full so that they can claim back from their insurance company. If you want an example invoice, pm me and I'll send you mine to copy.
enid

Post by enid »

I would like one too please Susan
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I had to send one of these once, too. It was somewhat similar to the receipts I send in terms of information included, but it also stated that the booking had been cancelled and that due to our policies, no refund was issued. I also put it on official-looking letterhead. As far as I know it worked fine for the client's travel insurance.
Brooke