Are we first?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Chandler Ranch Estate Inn

Thansk for pointing the way.

Post by Chandler Ranch Estate Inn »

I totally agree... dragonflyvillage was just a place to put something for a few friends to see what was up. I really ntend to do a website.. and ad.. and I guess the photos must be improved even before a subscription ad...

Thanks for inspiring me!
The Highest in me, honors the Highest in You
Ju

Post by Ju »

I'm not sure what is going on in the UK today, but we have just taken another two bookings for next year, and turned a third away. Has there been a travel show on about France, or is it just due to the start of the school holidays?

Ju
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Perhaps those parents who've decided to stay at home this year are thinking better of it, especially as ther has been some rain today.
lehcar

Post by lehcar »

I'm really amazed!! We have 12 weeks booked for next year!!!! :lol:

I also had a phone call the other night for an enquiry about 2008......must be doin' somethin' right! All enquiries were through my personal website too so I'm well chuffed! :wink:

:D
Vally

Post by Vally »

After all I said I have had a chap on this morning for next year ...a real first for me
A-two

Post by A-two »

I'm now only taking bookings until the end of June 2007 and have closed my reservation system until October for dates beyond July 1st 2007. Names are going onto a waitlist.

This is because I've had two families this year who were perfect guests and left the place immaculate, who then asked to rebook for the same week next year on the day they moved out, only to be told that I had already sold it to someone else whom I don't even know.

If I had not stopped to take a breath, my high season would now be completely sold out for 2007 bar 2 weeks and like many people here, I would normally not implement the rate increase until September/ October, so I would be out of pocket with increased fuel costs and overhead.
Big Sis..

Bookings

Post by Big Sis.. »

Had a 4 week booking for October 2007 in July 2005

6 weeks have just been booked March April 2007
Most of July & all of August 2007 has also gone.

Didnt realise how fortunate Ive been [how come you still worry though]
Regards Ros
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Caught on the hop last night with a booking for the winter. I have set the booking system for a flexible changeover for the summer, and had not set it correctly. I normally use Sunday changeovers in the winter, although I am flexible, but normally have no changeovers on Saturday, as my manager has a day off with her hubby who is a ski instuctor. Unfortunately they've booked Sat to Saturday, and have already booked their flights.Some crawling to do, although it should be OK if it's just the once.
Last edited by Hells Bells on Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Glad you're all doing well. We've taken quite a few bookings for next year already. We've also booked 8 weeks in 2008! The family in question would have come back to us next year but are already booked for Normandy & Belgium. How can folk be so organised?

Ah well, at least it's less pressure on us all?

Does anyone know of a decent 'long-lets' listing website that gives good results?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I called the potential guests this morning, who hadn;t booked their flights. They've changed to a Sunday for me, as the flights were cheaper anyway.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well done Helen

"Alls well that ends well"

Regards Ros
enid

Post by enid »

We have 7 /possibly 8 weeks booked for next year - just got an e mail from a couple who just got home after their second 2 week sday with us and who will be back with us next year.

Thank you both for such a wonderful holiday - your personal touch really does make all the difference and we count you as real friends.

Aww - makes it all worth while.

Meanwhile it's freezing here!!!!!
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

Not sure if the rotten weather in the UK makes folks think about next years holiday but my bookings for 2007 are starting to fill up nicely for next year - yipee!

Just a shame that I will be closed from end of August for restoration of house and barn :(