More critique appreciated - any better?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
AndyLucia

More critique appreciated - any better?

Post by AndyLucia »

I've just finished a revamp of the andaluciarentals.co.uk site, hopefully I've managed to iron out a few of the faults from the original. I have still got to replace the animated gifs on some of the pages (I'm trying to teach myself Flash!!) and I still need to lose that splash screen!!

Any thoughts? Is it an improvement, or have I gone backwards in some areas?
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Andy,

Why learn Flash? What I mean is, why is Flash necessary for a site like yours (or mine, or any property website)?

But anyway, I'm confused. Is this a listing site? Or do you own all these properties?
Brooke
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Some of them are ours, most of the others are on behalf of friends.

Why learn Flash? I would never want the entire site to be done that way, but it appears to be a (fairly) efficient way of displaying a selection of pictures without increasing the load time too badly.
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
redstar

Post by redstar »

Hi Andy, I agree with you about the splash screen. As for using Flash, I had to learn it and submit a project using only flash, its essentially an animation package, not particularly easy to learn. Part of the project was a report on estimated download times for different connection speeds, if over used it can slow things down a lot. Having said that it is fun to use and you can be really creative with it, you can even put a whole web site together with it, but the current line of thinking is thats not the way to go. I agree with vrooje, about not using it on your site though, but it can be very effective.