Ikea or not?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Ju

Post by Ju »

Jane Bennett wrote:
Ju wrote:Good things to get from ikea include sofas, cots, chests of drawers etc. Be wary of the beds. They are not the same size as normal beds so normal fitted sheets don't fit.
Ju
Yes, that's true, unless things have changed, the doubles are 170cms wide, so our fitted sheets had to be bought in France, and the valances (the beds are divans) were bought in the UK and then altered. Singles are the same width as in the UK though, 90cms, so when pushed together make a 'Superking' double.
But the biggest problem is that they are 2m long instead of 190cm which is why the fitted sheets don't fit!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

We bought all our fitted sheets for the twins and superkings in the UK, (JL) and there were fine. But the beds were purchased 3 years ago I would guess; did you buy yours more recently Ju?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Ju wrote:
But the biggest problem is that they are 2m long instead of 190cm which is why the fitted sheets don't fit!
Ah, that explains why all my Ikea fitted sheets are so long on my Conforama beds :lol:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I have an IKEA bed, which is a 140cm width. It's still 2m long though.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

Really? I have an IKEA bed frame here in the US and a "normal" sized queen matress (from a matress store, not IKEA) and they fit together just fine...do European IKEAs use US bed sizes maybe?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

My M&S sheets don't fit, but I think it's because of the mattress topper, and the deep mattress.