LOST BOOKINGS (perhaps)

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Just notcied this thread, seems your not the only one with problems. viewtopic.php?t=2271

I wonder if he sorted it out?
nichthewood

Post by nichthewood »

Just a follow up.
Managed to contact client by phone and GOT the booking for 2 weeks Sept (holidaylettings). I got my brother in England to e-mail my Holidaylettings booking an he too got the e-mail returned " unable to deliver" it seems that the clients e-mail was at fault this time nothing to do with Holidaylettings, although theres still the problem with the text alerts to explain away. It worked today with an enquiry for August 2007. Phone ebay enquirer ,and its not dead yet.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I have had quite a few cases where guests have not written their correct e-mail addresses. If there is a phone number, it is less serious, but people seem to incorrectly type their own e-mail addresses all too often so that the returning e-mail is rejected.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

It would help if you were to ask all enquirers to confirm their enquiry by e-mail.

That way you get their correct e-mail address in the message header. Then you can use the "Reply" option ensuring that you do not misspell the address.

Alan
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

The problems I'm talking about come from rental listing sites, where nearly all of my enquiries are via e-mail. If they have incorrectly spelt their e mail address on the enquiry, then there is no hope of getting a reply to them.
nichthewood

Post by nichthewood »

ditto
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Susan, I have had similar problems too with enquirers giving the wrong email address due to a typo (and not giving a contact telephone number). Frustrating when you have emailed them with all the information only to get a rejection. :roll:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Ive had this happen a few times as well.
Sometimes Ive been able to work out the problem by looking at the name & the email address, at times its just a spelling error.

Say theyre name is Swallow on the enquiry and the email is spelt swalow, Ive tried the other spelling & theyve received it.

The server is sometimes mispelt as well instead of ntlworld.com they might have put ntworld.com or missed the stops out.

If youve have an email refused just have a look at the email it might be obvious as to why!

As we use our emails alot we sometimes forget that others dont,and some arent even sure what theyre email address is so they guess, or put something similar.

Anyway its worth a try.

Regards Ros