Web to SMS service?

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Mountain Goat

Web to SMS service?

Post by Mountain Goat »

Can anyone suggest a reliable web-to-SMS service? Even 2-way if it doesn't cost the earth. We've just realised it could be really useful (especially when in remote Sussex where the mobile is up the spout anyway).

We use Orange, but got lost on the Orange website trying to research this feature, and I've lost patience with conventional texting.

There's stacks of stuff via Google, but it's the personal recommendation I was hoping for.

Thanks.

Goat
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

I'm using the latest Skype Beta, which has an SMS send,but not receive, facility. Actually works well for my purposes, which is usually just making sure people are reading the emails I'm sending them, rather than ignoring them as usual! :twisted:
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Great, thanks, just what I need. Will give them a go. Problem with a lot of the services is that you have to buy 100 messages to use over a short time period, and I just want occasional ones.

Goat