Good value insurance cover for guests?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Mountain Goat

Good value insurance cover for guests?

Post by Mountain Goat »

We've had two potentially expensive short-notice cancellations this season, both covered by guests' insurance cover.

We're determined to make sure that guests do take cover, and with that in mind, can anyone recommend good value travel insurance that we can suggest to punters?

The best value I've found (couple, under 64, worldwide, ski cover, 31 day trips max., unlimited trips) is £76 with www.gotravelinsurance.co.uk (dare I mention we found them on the HR site), but I'm fully aware that there are a million variations (especially with baggage, cancellation, medical limits).

That's the benchmark I'm going to use.

Another outfit we've used for covering car hire excess (ludicrous in Switzerland) is:

http://www.insurance4carhire.com/

although holidayautos used to cover this in their competitive prices.

I just want to offer punters good information and a reasonable deal.

Goat

We have no connection with either of the above, and we're not interested in earning commission via our guests (well, OK, we are, but can't be bothered with the hassle).
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

this is no help at all (sorry!) but..... I was interested to find an insurance that covers people incase the property that they book on the internet doesn't come up to standard when they see it in real life!
Lets hope I never meet the guest that has that!

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

What a strange thing... how do they prove that? I don't suppose most dissatisfied renters think to take pictures documenting everything.
Brooke
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

it was really odd as the main things it seemed to concentrate on was the square meterage of the villa/property (I mean who ever checks that? Ours says 350sq mtrs on our escritura but I've never yet found the time to go round with a tape measure)
the orientation of the building, facilities and a few other things.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I personally use www.direct-travel.co.uk for our insurance. It includes off-piste skiing without a guide.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Goat,
Not sure if this is comprehensive enough for your off-piste guests, but have a look at Square Mouth. We have a "Click here to compare rates and purchase insurance" link to them on the FAQ Question about Cancellation Policy at our website. They rate different companies out of 100 on each category of insurance, allow narrowing of selection to shortlist with side by side comps, offer add-on features for specific risks and process instant 24/7 cc purchase, amongst other features. That's an attractive package.

If you want to play with it, feel free to go to http://www.squaremouth.com/travel/quote ... ?pid=20040 Not sure if this link is allowed under forum rules as it's my affiliate page, but the logo branding at the top of the US page is ours, so I like and wanted to show you that little integrated feature, as well I think it's pretty cool and easy to use.

Then again, I don't claim to be an insurance expert, so not sure if this product qualifies in your league.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Joanna, thanks for that link, I've been playing around with it, and looks really interesting.

I've got distracted by the whole affiliate thing, having looked at tradedoubler's commission scheme:

http://tinyurl.com/hzvjm

Some of these are serious commission rates (10 - 25% seems common, or one-offs of £20/£30). What I don't understand if one gets rewarded if anyone bookmarks your link and then purchases at a later date.

I know there's stuff on tradedoubler on LMH, so will research and repeat back.

Goat