A delicate subject - those sheets again.....

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I'm not going to add a password-protected section because I don't see the need for one

You're the boss.

Just one more try - we've got a juicy story of corruption re planning permission, and which cost us a great deal of money (well, it was for us); maybe that's repeated elsewhere, and not just outside the UK. It certainly would interest forum members with any 'Grand Design-type' ambitions on their property which were not in keeping with local traditions (nuts to cosy chalets with lino floors and kennel windows - we wanted something different - we wanted to actually see those damn mountains out there). We certainly couldn't hope to gain any sympathy with how it unfolded, and no, it's got absolutely nothing to do (I repeat nothing, nil, zero) with the re-election of the local M****.

I couldn't possibly expand on that in an open forum, for obvious reasons, and it would be interesting to hear of similar examples in other countries - having heard a few, ours wouldn't be that hair-curling.

I didn't mention it was connected with our village, nor even Switzerland. It can't possibly be Switzerland anyway, it's straightforward and law-abiding - although Mrs Goat once got arrested for the wrong style visible window boxes and in apartments you're not allowed to run baths (and more but you don't want too much detail) after 10pm. Very civilised. Or not.

Goat
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Mon May 01, 2006 8:07 pm, edited 9 times in total.
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

As long as Mountain Goat doesn't name names, I don't see that there should be a problem and we are now all popping to know what will be found after this punter leaves.

John
Ju

Post by Ju »

Joanna, I guess it depends on where you get your fruit and veg from, but there are no great differences between fruit and veg today and thrity years ago. In fact thrity years ago much more pesticides, and much more dangerous pesticides were used then than now.

Personnally I wash things if they look dirty, I can honestly say I have never in my life washed a banana. If I do wash veg, I use water. I would not put another chemical product on my food. But each to their own I suppose.

As for the guest with the unwashed sheets: I remember being a student, in the dim and distant past, I certainly don't remember washing my sheets every week. My husband has just assured me he used to wash his about once a fortnight as a student, but mainly because he was hopeful of getting a female student to share with him! I wouldn't throw the sheets away unless they are truely beyond redemtion, just wash them as usual, modern detergents can work wonders!

Ju
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I can honestly say I have never in my life washed a banana

Me neither.
Goat
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Nope,nor me...

But I don't wash any fruit or veg - I think that whatever it may or may not have been sprayed with is probably ingrained anyway so I doubt I can wash it off anyway. Or perhaps I am just too lazy....
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

The self-laundering-sheet-punters have left long ago, and I always hoped I could come up with the final answer, but not really. It will always be one of life's big unsolved mysteries on the level of the pyramids, and those who like Marmite.

Every sheet was left freshly laundered, but not ironed (seersucker effect), and the beds made up perfectly.

The bottom end of the sheets were stained an interesting bright orange by ???

We're still in contact, so maybe I'll slip the vital question after the second bottle on a balmy evening. Until then, it's unsolved.

Goat
A-two

Post by A-two »

I don't have a clue what you are talking about, but taking a wild guess that it's about orange stains, you're in the wrong thread. But to save you the trouble of reading the "stains" thread, the end of the story is that you now have some great decorating sheets and a trip to the linen store in your future. They are toast.... :cry:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Ah well, Goat, it will save you those extortionate laundry charges. It's a shame the John Lewis clearance has finished. :)