A bizzare twist of fate.

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Ju

A bizzare twist of fate.

Post by Ju »

We received a phone call yesterday from guests that had left us on Saturday. They were really good repeat guests. They had gone on to spend a week in another Gite elsewhere in France.

"Do you have any availability this week, this place is terrible and we want to come back". We are fully booked, so I looked on the internet for some possibilities for her and rang her back. Things were so bad she was trying to fly home early, but with no luck.

This morning we went to give our current guests a weather forecast to find them packing. Unfortunately his father died this morning and they needed to get back ASAP. They have had a great holiday, and have already booked for next year.

So I rang the first guest back and let them know that if they haven't arranged anything then they can come back here, and they are on their way!

We are not going to charge them too much, and we will give half of what we get to the other guests as a discount on their booking for next year.

We now have to do a quick changeover this afternoon, no real issue as the guests who have left are very clean, and hope that the weather clears up for the returning guests.

Funny how life turns out sometimes.

Ju
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Wow!! Fate is a weird thing!! I had a couple ring up last year desperately unhappy in their 2nd weeks accommodation and they too wanted to turn around and drive straight back here. I couldn't help them though as we were full. I still felt a bit guilty that I couldn't help them ! :cry: At least your story had a happy ending for one of the families, very sad for the other.

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

How weird.
Last edited by Hells Bells on Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Fraise and Ju what a lovely compliment to you both!

That must make all the hard work worthwhile - to know that what you offer is so much better than somewhere else and that its very much appreciated by your guests.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

God moves in mysterious ways ?

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com