Need someone to do changeovers, etc.

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
musicmonkey

Need someone to do changeovers, etc.

Post by musicmonkey »

We are looking for someone to do Saturday changeovers, keyholding and possibly gardening. Please contact us if you are registered and close to Villedieu les Poeles, Normandy.

Thank you and Happy Christmas everyone!
Maggiem

Post by Maggiem »

Several of the builders yards near our own holiday home in the Mayenne have boards with small ads on. Some of these are specifically aimed at the English, which might suit you if most of your guests are also English. Obviously, you're too far from us for those ads to apply, but you could try something similar in your area.

Have you thought of enquiring at your Mairie? Over the years, ours has been so helpful, even offering to open the village hall, on a Sunday, for our summer party when it looked as if we were going to be rained off.

I hope that you manage to find someone soon.
Maggie
musicmonkey

Post by musicmonkey »

Thanks Maggie,

When we are next over, (if we haven't sorted out something before then) we will do a round of the builders' yards and at the Mairie. I thought that people were falling over themselves for this type of work, but that does not appear to be the case!

Thanks for the suggestions.
Maggiem

Post by Maggiem »

I knew I had these details tucked away somewhere!
Some friends who used to let their Normandy property were very pleased with their caretakers - La Garde-Maison. The service is run by 2 former police officers. Apparently, it isn't the cheapest around, but they are good, and trustworthy. Their phone number is 0033 (0)2 43 001876.
There is also another company offering the service in Manche & Calvados - Chanteloup, phone 0033 (0)233 561282. I know nothing about them, just noticed their advertisement in the back of a magazine.
I hope this is of some help,
Maggie :P
tansy

Post by tansy »

I've just had a miserable time with cleaners....I'm afraid to say British living here...I thought same nationalities it would help with communication...all I got was jealousy simmering just under the surface. We have just found some French help - we pay by the dreaded cheque system which is declared.

My advice to go above board, pay the tax and try to find someone local...The Marie is a very good port of call, someone reccommended is the best.

Good luck.