Enquirer from Hell!

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

I think it's also down to the way low cost airlines work. If you see cheap flights you have to book immediately otherwise you lose out.

I've lost count of the times I've hesitated and then found they've increased dramtically!!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

My point is that our villa sleeps 8-9 people, so it's an awful alot of people booking flights counting on being together for a villa holiday - without any accomodation booked!
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

I see your point Crystal but I think alot of people who book independantly are more laid back about such things and to be fair there is alot more privately owned accommodation out on the internet now.

It's probably not such a problem if you book well in advance but this July I had people enquiring for August and they all gave me very specific dates!!

They all seemed amazed when I said that August is usually booked by January!!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

They all seemed amazed when I said that August is usually booked by January!!
We're also totally amazed this year..as our first booking for next year was confirmed in July..and since then the peak weeks are now getting booked up at a steady rate!! In fact with so much competition with villas on the Costas we were wondering whether 2007 was going to be a 'dud' year for us. Here's hoping that the bookings still keep on coming!! :D
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

I've just turned down a 3 week booking for next August as I want to put my prices up and also I haven't yet decided when we're going and I just rent out when we're not using the place.

I guess it was this years late enquirers that gave me enough confidence to do this!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi We are fully booked Mid July until the end of August 2007 in both houses.
Have also turned quite a few enquiries away already. :D

I know what you mean about the flights. Some have said they are waiting for flts before confirming but the budget airlines dont release thier flts for a while yet.
As most of my bookings are for both houses for 2 weeks[can sleep 16] I think most people with large groups try to book early then they can arrange their flts and holidays around it.

I have had the odd cancellation but if its for July & Aug its not a problem rebooking.
The balance has to be paid 8 weeks before so theres plenty of time.
The plus side is if some people back out[as has happened] usually the others usually still want both the houses and so I pay the balance & have less in each.
A case in point is at the moment I have 3 in one and 4 in the other[should have been 6 in each.]
I still got the full balance so thats fine[my cleaners like it as well.]
Makes up for last week when we had 9 in one as the lady booking "forgot" one of her children[its easily done but only when you want to get value for money and 8 is the maximum in the house] :twisted:
I always give them a courtesy call at Xmas and see if the details have changed.
I also keep asking for flt details as I know once theyve booked their flts they are less likely to cancel.
So far so good.
I had I week cancelled in one house this year in early July which I decided to use so that was fine[still feel guilty if I book myself in the peak weeks as this is when the moneys made ,also the flts are dearer.
We live on the coast as well and weather permitting have a great time here in the summer] :D

I know this is a strange concept for some people but the only way we could afford to buy the houses is if they were rented out.[we rent out in England as well so we are used to the idea.]
We didnt buy our little ideal holiday house , furnish it and then decide that we would rent it out[reluctantly] for a few weeks to help with the costs.

We bought to rent and picked the houses for that reason.The bonus is we & our family can holiday there[but not peak weeks]
We went to Egypt All Inclusive in May half term for what we got for renting the house out. :roll:

When I am asked for the umpteenth time how I can bear to let someone stay in OUR holiday house.
I say its not OURS its theirs theyre paying for it and we are staying in it for nothing.!! :wink:

Im not saying it would work for everybody but it does for us :!:
roxytoo

bookings

Post by roxytoo »

I feel a bit like you Ros, it's not really our 'home' yet, I don't leave personal belongings around and feel everytime I walk away that it will belong to someone else for a while! I can do this also because I feel everthing is replaceable and we have to replace quite a lot on a yearly basis!!
We have our first repeaters booked for next August and I am thrilled to bits, (well we nearly had one last year but we were already booked!) its taken us 3 years to get that!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Meishka

It is nice to get bookings this early[the deposits are handy too].
I feel slightly different to another poster who said they hadnt took a booking because they wanted to increase the rates . I think this is an ideal way to do it[and gauge the market] :roll:

Last year when people were trying to book this July & Aug I hadnt posted the rates.
So I increased them and said they were the rates for 2006.
Everybody said that was fine and duly booked.
If they hadnt maybe I would have kept last years rates.
The same has happened this year and I havent posted rates for 2007. :D
Its a bit strange because later I found myself posting the new rates when I knew everything was booked. :wink:
I think this will only work for the peak weeks of July & Aug.
If people dont book you still have time to tweak your rates to ensure you are booked for 2007.
Once your rates have been posted it would be quite difficult [and possibly unethical] to do this. :oops: