How to prepare pool for 2 week absence?

For anything to do with the garden and pool
KathyG

How to prepare pool for 2 week absence?

Post by KathyG »

Evening everyone,

I'm not coming back to our house in France (Brittany) for 2 weeks and wondered if it's better to leave the cover on or off to maintain water quality? As sunlight degrades chlorine I thought it might be better to leave the cover on but then thought the water might stagnate under the cover, filter will still be on to get rid of leaves etc if I leave the cover off.

I won't have time to go and buy any new products but I have chlorine and ph minus and plus. Should I overdose with chlorine to keep it going for 2 weeks? - it normally needs topping up once a week. It's only a round 5m pool, about 3' deep but I'm hoping the weather will still be good enough in a few weeks for a quick dip!! (Lounging on the floating armchair actually!!)

Any bright ideas?

Kathy
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Any bright ideas?
I am more than happy to look after it for you providing you leave me the floating armchair and book my flights. :D Of course I'm willing to provide my own wine. :wink:

Eileenx
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi Kathy. I would put the cover on and add a bit extra chlorine. It should be fine for 2 weeks if you are leaving the pump going. :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Eileen,

Are you any good with a needle and thread? The wine glass holder on the floating armchair is falling apart and needs a little attention...........!

Fraise,

Well at least you're in the same country! Do you fancy a couple of weeks in Brittany? Otherwise, looks like cover-on it is!

Thanks for your help.

Kathy
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

If it is above 15C, put plenty of CL galettes in. Below that, it doesn't need very much.

As for cover on or off : remember that without sun, it will cool down quite quickly. And wind + chilly nights drop the temp quickly too. Who accurately knows the next 2 weeks weather ?

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Agree with Peter & Fraise - cover on, especially as you are in Brittany!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Going off at a tangent but still on pools- do you remember me moaning that my pool ( and most other unheated ones ) had gone down to the unheard of 19 in August ? We have had temps outside of 35 every day this week and the pool temp is back up to 27, yay !! :lol: 8)