How clean is clean enough?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I think any good cleaner will be able to look at the size of the house and number of rooms etc and be able to give you a good enough figure for you to work with. Our cleaners certainly did and they also advised that as they got to know the house they would get quicker - which they did!

The mid-week clean is easier, as you only do a certain amount of cleaning.

So I was able to build the cleaning costs into my break-even figure.

Here in Ibiza it isn't acceptable to charge extra for cleaning - its expected to be part of the rental cost. But I do charge for any additonal cleaning that would push the cleaners into extra time and I make the guests aware of those costs. i.e. washing dishes
I also charge for any additional time I may spend trying to remove stains....though I think I need to get tougher on this (my current obsession is stains...how they got there, what made them, what potion do I use to get them out......oh I could write a book entitled 'the mystery of the stain' Hey - I even have a favourite!! How sad is that?)

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!