holidayhomeonline.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Mme Charlotte

holidayhomeonline.com

Post by Mme Charlotte »

new?

anyone used them? or trialling them???

any thoughts...?

(I registered and went through listing loads of details etc and then saved/continued or something and it logged me out without saving any of the stuff!)

and no-one has replied to me yet although I emailed them to ask what was going on :?
www.gites-en-france.info

...le good life...
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Mme Charlotte, hello

Have you tried to search for properties in your area on their site?

They claims to have thousands, but I haven't been able to find one, either in France or Switzerland.

Could be me, of course. Could be one of your potential renters though. Maybe caution if you are asked to part with any money for their services....

Goat
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Nope, never heard of 'em.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

After reading my reply,which quite frankly was a trifle succinct, I googled them . When I put in a search for France, and a region, it told me there were no properties to display and to widen my search ! I would leave the site there and then if I was looking for a holiday !! :cry:
Mme Charlotte

Post by Mme Charlotte »

right - not me going mad then.

no monies paid Goat - it looks like ANOTHER new/freebie one.

might give it a try anyway as its our first year of rentals on the open market.... but depends if I can find the time and energy to fill all the details in... again!

As both of you said - they claim thousands and appear to have very few...along with searches that don't really work. not instilling an awful lot of confidence...
www.gites-en-france.info

...le good life...
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I can't be bothered with free sites now. I don't think I've ever got a booking from any I've tried in the past and the amount of time it takes to enter details is just wasted.
I'm a great believer that you don't get something for nothing in this world!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

No, I've never had a booking from a free site either and they do take a lot of time to put all the info in, I've not signed up for a new one this year and I don't think I shall. :cry: I would like a free trial from the expensive sites though, and some sort of loyalty bonus would be good- they charge enough for not a lot!!!
I am trying out a new site next week, they come and take photos, claim to put 50 piccies up for each property, bigger properties have up to 80 !! There is no fee but they charge 12% for the bookings they take. They pick and choose the places they take.They take credit cards and keep the initial deposit in an escrow A/c and you get the whole lot the week after the full amount has been rec'd, which is much sooner than Villarenters. They handle security deposits as well. I'll let you know how I get on -sounds fine in theory.I'll publish their name when I've met them :wink:
roxytoo

free sites

Post by roxytoo »

Free sites that have worked for me are

libercasa.de
private-holiday.com
travel-library.com

gave about £2000 worth of rentals

loads of enquires from eyeonspain but no bookings!
paul smith

Post by paul smith »

I have just registered with them. It looks like a free listing site and we manage the enquiries too.

The layout looks good.

Looks like they need more properties
:D