Superior-Vacation-Rentals.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Chalky

Superior-Vacation-Rentals.com

Post by Chalky »

I've had an unsolicited invitation to add my property free - forever! - on Superior-Vacation-Rentals.com . The site looks reasonably well put together. Has anyone else been approached?
Chalky

Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

No, not yet Chalky. Agree, reasonably well put together, but so are a squillion other ones that set up a year or so ago and are still struggling. When does one draw the line with these opportunites to advertise for free? Can get very time consuming, yet yield zilch!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
paul smith

Post by paul smith »

Looks a good layout. Iv'e lateley been sourcing and registering on the free sites. Tell me what do these websites gain out of the free advertising here. I take it one day they will chrage for the advertising space.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Paul :D

Im sure the others will give you a better view[the bright ones arent up yet only me and a goat[a very pretty one though]

But I read something that said a lot of the new sites have to have so many listings to get picked up by the search engines which can take a while so they shouldnt charge you to begin with as each listing gives them a better chance.

Also you will notice that they sometimes try to sell you extras[always read the small print some charge commission]
To be honest most of the sites you wouldnt choose if you paid so there not loosing anything
I have been on a few trials that I then paid for so theyve got there money then[probably wouldnt have joined them without]

Its all trial & error but Im sure you will get a good response from the other members[when theyre up]
There is even a website address somewhere on here that lists the free sites
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

It's a question of getting the properties onto their books, so as we know, the only way is, initially, not to charge. I kept a note last year of some sites who had approached me to get me on their listings, and checked them all out yesterday - felt depressed for them! The market is pretty well saturated so unless you have the magic formula for SEO and can outstrip all the well-established companies, you'd be waiting a long time before giving up the day job!
Big Sis..

Ros

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Gascony :D
Ive just got an email back from these to just send another website to give them the details so even though it may be a long shot its not a lot of effort

Ros :wink:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Poor things - well, at that rate you have nothing to lose!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Are they poor things because Im going to list with them :cry: :cry:
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

In 4 years i have never received one booking from any of the free sites that i am on. Having said that i still list with some when i have time to spare in setting up the details, but dont tend to use calanders etc on them if offered, thinking one day it might change.
While killing time this afternoon i did list with them , it took all of 5 minutes but will not hold my breath while waiting
Nessie
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well theyre quick if nothing else :D

My advert is up and running already after contacting them yesterday afternoon

I will keep you posted :wink:
linda147

Post by linda147 »

I am going to give them a try - it did only take 5 minutes of my time as I just copied and pasted the text from another listing site I use. Fingers crossed that it was not a waste of time.
I'll let you know if I get a booking!