Washing duvets

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Lesblancs

Washing duvets

Post by Lesblancs »

I would like to buy the lovely Veronica a new washing machine, but one big enough to wash double duvets.

I do not know a lot about these things, so what load size would you recommend?

Many thanks

Sheepish.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

You can get some really big machines quite easily nowadays. I've got a 7kg one,which doesn't sound very big ( are the normal ones around 5 ?) but it does take duvets and it seems much bigger than my others. If you can get an even bigger one ( they are out there ) then go for it but if it depends on price then the size I suggested may be the answer. Remember if it is your only machine, a few pairs of pants and socks might get a bit lost in a mega machine , even on a quickie wash :-)
ps- you can get tumble driers to match

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

The American style top-loading automatics take the biggest loads (up to 10kg I think. We use done in Canada on holiday, and the amount of washing it took was huge. I came home with almost no laundry, as it was so easy to just switch it on when it was full of dirty stuff. The tumble dryer took the full load of washing too. My own machine at home takes 7kg, and will take a double duvet.