Save 5 euros and attract the French market!

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Disaster, :cry: couldnt find my yorkshire pudding tin, thought Gascony might have popped round for a snack :wink: :x

Found it, and alls well ,roasts in, wine chilling--Ros chillin'

Happy Sunday folks,what are your plans? :D
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

No, not guilty - that plug's given me a bit of indigestion. :(

Bon appetit Ros! After the furdressers, I'm preparing for Hullo mag. They're doing a feature on the simple life. The issue's scheduled to double their circulation when it's published !
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Good Morning Gascony, :D

I can do simple!!!!! :? :roll: Ive made it into an art form. :wink:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Re Holiday-Rentals French Section

Talked to them today (French section helpful and keen to make suggestions and talk about the promotions they're doing on the 'French' web) and confirmed that renewal was Euros 99 next year, but this covered 4 properties (chalet with 3 apartments).

Positions with them on google.fr (pages francophones and worldwide):

chalet familial suisse - #1 and #2

chalet traditionnel suisse - #1 and #2

chalet suisse, superbement rénové - #1 and #2

Leysin chalet - #10

No page 1 results for 'Leysin appartement' but holidaylettings was #1 with a sponsored ad at the top (that's impressive to lash out on that as we're their only advertiser in our village)

With 'Leysin apartment' same again with holidaylettings and #5 and #6 with HR France.

Non-existent on google.ch (Switzerland) so work needed there, and looks like quickest would be an ad with homelidays who are well up on google.ch and one gets 1/2 dozen extra languages as well (I think) - that's serious value if they do.

No inverted commas used in searches.

Not easy to be unhappy with HR on that, for £65 or so a year, with translation, French rates and availability table. So HR (France) and HL get my money for next year.

Goat
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Day that I wrote the previous post, had an enquiry from HR-France, and they've now booked 5 winter weeks.

I do realise, of course, that the winter ski-market is very different from the summer season, so comparisons are not straightforward.

Can anyone advise on the best French railway search site which crosses borders? sbb.ch is having a day off.

Looks like we'll be with HR-France another year, despite e-mails in my dubious French.

Goat
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

www.raileurope.co.uk . I used this to look at Paris-Oulx (Italy) last winter.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That's great, thanks Helen.

Goat