TV not working - should I hire one

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Marion

TV not working - should I hire one

Post by Marion »

The tv in one of the apartments appears to have broken It is a combined DVD/TV and it is make a mechanical clicking sound when he turns on the tv - I can hear it on the phone. We are just off to have a look but don't know what good that will do apart from showing willing.

The renters are asking us to hire a tv - they do have a 3 year old with them so I suppose I can understand it might be a problem.

I have looked to see if I can find a tv rental place but have not found one in Nice yet.

What would others do in this situation?
No need to go far to shop 'til you drop - just go next door to Chanel. http://rueparadis.monsite.wanadoo.fr/
Rexer

Re: TV not working - should I hire one

Post by Rexer »

Marion wrote:The tv in one of the apartments appears to have broken It is a combined DVD/TV and it is make a mechanical clicking sound when he turns on the tv - I can hear it on the phone. We are just off to have a look but don't know what good that will do apart from showing willing.

The renters are asking us to hire a tv - they do have a 3 year old with them so I suppose I can understand it might be a problem.

I have looked to see if I can find a tv rental place but have not found one in Nice yet.

What would others do in this situation?
You could:
(a) buy a new one - TVs are often more expensive to repair than to buy
or
(b) ask the TV repair shop whether they have one you could borrow whilst they fix yours.

As the father of a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old, there would be a mutiny on holiday if there was no DVD available. They have to watch the Wiggles for the 3407th time, just in case something has changed since the 3406th viewing.

R
Nessie

Re: TV not working - should I hire one

Post by Nessie »

Rexer wrote: They have to watch the Wiggles for the 3407th time, just in case something has changed since the 3406th viewing.

R
LOL so very true
Nessie
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I Think you must replace it :)

I supply TV & DVD with sky in the houses and if they didnt work Id have to sort out a solution.[I know a lot of people book because of it.

How long are they staying for?
[what about the house your in cant you borrow one from there]

If you do get one & manage to get the other fixed youll always have a spare! :)
Vally

Post by Vally »

I have got 2 spare TV's, kept from when we have upgraded form time to time ...but I am on the premises so lots easier for me to sort out
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Ah, that happened to us. We ran up the A1 with our own TV, then realised we'd forgotten the remote! Trip to Berwick (30 miles round trip) to buy a one of those universal remotes sorted it.

Then, the TV we wanted from John Lewis took 5-10 days to order in. (I'll only buy from there as you get a 5 year warranty at no extra charge) I had the brainwave of putting my widescreen computer downstairs as it has a TV card in, I could surf the net there during the ad's too!

I'd buy one!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thats very kind of you Vally :D

Can you just pop one round to Marions :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Marion, I think I'd just nip off to the hypermarket and buy another one.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Marion....personally I wouldn't bother hiring (probably cost you just a touch less than buying!)...Carrefour have a huge variety of TV, DVD players...and they are always doing special's. We picked up a new DVD player for the villa for 50 euros! I think their TV's are really reasonably priced too!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I think you have to buy a new one for them, they aren't expensive. :roll:
A-two

Post by A-two »

Just in case you didn't get the message yet ....:lol: ... I would buy one, then worry about fixing the old one as a spare.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

I'd buy a new one too - and I probably wouldn't bother getting the other one repaired because I think TVs are one of those items that can be a genuine fire risk. If it's clicking or making 'unwell electrical noises' I wouldn't want to risk it bursting into flames... you can't rely on guests unplugging it at night or anything so I'd just get rid for that reason alone.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Marion

Post by Marion »

Just in case you didn't get the message yet .... ...
Message understood!
No need to go far to shop 'til you drop - just go next door to Chanel. http://rueparadis.monsite.wanadoo.fr/