DUTCH HOLIDAY RENTAL SITES

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

There is one sure thing that make Dutch (and the Belgians) good renters: they’ll leave the place probably much cleaner then you can ever present it to them
...and have to add that comment.....our Scandinavian guests too have left our villa immaculate!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I had my next guest on the telephone last night asking what housekeeping services we provided. OUr t&c's clearly state that the property must be left clean and tidy, laundry put in the bathroom, and fordge left empty etc, so I'm not sure how i can be more clear about it.
debk

Post by debk »

Hi, Helen - Perhaps she was wondering about daily housekeeping... rather than end-of-stay? I sometimes get people asking if a maid comes in each day to change the linen and tidy up...
debk
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Apparently not from the conversation, the family staying are french anyway, so wouldn't really be expecting it. I just think they thought they could just up and leave at the end of the week and all thir mess would magically disappear. Mel does expect to have some cleaning to do, but i did point out to him that I did not expect her to have to clean the kitchen or empty the fridge etc. Still he should know the score with French holiday apartments, when we've stayed in them, they've often inspected everything before we've left , we were also expected to leave the place spotless or a cleaning charge would be deducted.
debk

Post by debk »

HelenB wrote: just up and leave at the end of the week and all thir mess would magically disappear
quem me dera

loosely translated: "i wish!"
debk
marrum31

Post by marrum31 »

Our dutch renters used to not only clean the house (the french do too btw) they also used to leave us things that they had bought for the kitchen or pool etc.

tbh i wouldnt dream of renting a villa, paying a small fortune in 'end of stay' cleaning charges and then cleaning the house from top to bottom before i left. tidy possibly, the beds stripped maybe but 'eat ur dinner off the floor' clean... nah lol

our cleaner used to charge €75 for the cleaning(2 hours max) and an extra €25 if she had to do the bedding. I always swore if we moved to spain i would become a cleaner as it seems the quickest way to get rich lol
Becky
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

My Cleaning Lady[she who does] :wink:

Charges 60 euros including Linens & Towels. :)

The houses have 3 bedrooms & a sofabed We often have6- 8 in each house so I think she works hard for her money ,she also employs 2 other ladies to help her.

Sometimes people leave the washing up etc which isnt fair but she says you take the rough with the smooth and some people leave the houses really clean. :roll: