Introduce myself

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Partridge wrote:Hi Knightowl

20 weeks is good. Hope you don't mind my being nosey but looking at your prices would I be right in saying that that's what it takes to get the shoulder season bookings ie quite alot lower ?
I have tried this myself but not with any success as yet.
Yes, we have found that anything outside the peak season does need to be a lot lower priced to get the bookings; but if that's what it takes to get them, it's fine by me. But for the next season we have decided that the lowest we can go is 450 euro for the November-Feb (ish) months as it can get cold in the evenings and then guests need to use the radiators and more hot water etc, which of course bumps up our electricity costs. You have to be careful that you charge enough to cover it, particularly if you are also taking into account changeover and cleaning costs as well and the fact that often the low season bookings are just for one week...
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
rosario

Irish market

Post by rosario »

Hello Ros!

About the Irish market, i think I came to a listing site when doing my research, but I don´t have that information with me. I ´ll try to get it by Friday.
chrism

Post by chrism »

Ros wrote:Is there any sites to advertise which appeal to the Irish Market :?:

we have had a lot of Irish bookings in the past and wondered if there was another site I could use :D
Hi Ros
Try www.apartmentsdirect.ie
Regards
Chris
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Chris, do you advertise with this group & do you get results
chrism

Post by chrism »

Hi Ros
I have had a years advertising with them because they did a very cheap deal ( I think it was 10 euros ) I am not sure if they are still doing it.
We had a couple of enquiries nothing to exciting i'm afraid
Chris
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Mmmm...checked their website and it's on a special offer of 25 euros p/a. There is another villa in Fuengirola that is on other sites that I list with, so I might give this site a go...."in for a penny in for a pound" or euro so to speak!

By the way...alot cheaper than H-R who I've been with a year this October and 'not performed' to my expectations...(very disappointed :cry: ) alot for nothing for £155 per year...I don't know why..only got 20 or so enquiries in 12 months! Re-newed my availabilty calendar regularly on the dot too!...But please note that is just my opinion, others on this forum may have a different view point on H-R!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks to you all. :D [Look fwd to hearing from you again Rosario]

Crystal, what you said about others on this Forum having different opinions, isnt that whats so great about it!!!! :wink:

Think I will probably give them a whirl as well in for a penny in for 25 euros :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Crystal, :D

Just looked at the site and I think it says 50euro have I missed an offer? :cry:
chrism

Post by chrism »

Hi Ros
I have just looked up the site & it still says 25 euros,sorry I made the mistake it was 10 euros for extra photos
Chris
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Chrism :D

Thanks for that, clicked further into the site & found the offer ,its worth a go for 25 euros thanks again