Bookings for Florida

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Cally

Bookings for Florida

Post by Cally »

Does anybody have information on bookings to Florida? Is it the same as Spain and Italy etc or do people booking Florida book any earlier? We have just bought our holiday home and would like to get some bookings! :o
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

I know very little about Florida, as my house is in France, but funnily enough this week I am trying to book 2 weeks in Florida for next April (UK school easter holidays) - 1 week near Disney and 1 week at Key Largo.
I was a bit worried that I may have left it too late as I thought that Easter was peak season for English people to go to Florida, but I have been astounded at the sheer volume of possibile villas available for rental on those dates.
But then again, I suppose it is the same for people looking to rent a place in France...

Sorry if this doesn't answer your question exactly, and it is only based on my one experience, but I thought I'd mention it as it is a topical subject for me right now...

(PS - welcome to the forum! I didn't realise that you had just joined a couple of minutes ago - what a coincidence!!!!)
Cally

Post by Cally »

thanks for that, yes easter is a busy time in florida (as is christmas) they may fill up at the last minute with bookings from large operators (like virgin) .
p.s. you can always stay at mine! :lol:
maria-g

Post by maria-g »

Welcome to the forum Cally, I am also new here.

We used to own a villa in Florida and we did find that the busy time to receive enquiries were just after the Christmas and New Year holiday about January and February.

No problem getting bookings for the Easter, Summer and October holidays but it’s usually the in-between that’s hard to fill.

Although bookings from Americans are very handy, usually in June and on Thanksgiving in November. Also it’s very handy to get some snowbird long bookings in winter time, we did not charge them as much as peak time but their booking was enough to cover the mortgage and the bills.

Maria
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Welcome Maria & Cally :D

Always nice to see new LMH members posting. :lol:

Weve had lots of lovely Family holidays to Florida and always had a great time....trouble is when the children have grown and you get to a certain age you get a bit lazy...and having found the Caribbean and Egyptian All Inclusives...[hic] ...[have you ever tried to find a decent wine in Florida]...its very hard to motivate yourself....but Im sure we will again....
maria-g

Post by maria-g »

Ros wrote:Welcome Maria & Cally :D

Always nice to see new LMH members posting. :lol:

Weve had lots of lovely Family holidays to Florida and always had a great time....trouble is when the children have grown and you get to a certain age you get a bit lazy...and having found the Caribbean and Egyptian All Inclusives...[hic] ...[have you ever tried to find a decent wine in Florida]...its very hard to motivate yourself....but Im sure we will again....
Hi Ros, thanks for the welcome. We really love Florida, theme parks and good golf courses - will not run out of things to do.

Anyway, we did try Californian wine when we were out there and suprisingly it's quite nice. So bought californian wine fromTesco but it's not the same. As usual we always find the wine taste better abroad than back home.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Spose its better than Tesonian wine from California :lol:

I meant in pubs & Bars we had a lot of trouble getting a decent glass.... :lol:

We used to stay in Hollywood beach between Clearwater & Miami then tour the keys...Great.. :lol:
TriciaM

Re: Bookings for Florida

Post by TriciaM »

Cally wrote:Does anybody have information on bookings to Florida? Is it the same as Spain and Italy etc or do people booking Florida book any earlier? We have just bought our holiday home and would like to get some bookings! :o

Hi Cally

We've been renting our villa for 2 years now. Have you looked at the Canadian and US market? My guest profile is split 50/50 between UK and nonUK. This means that you have 'peak' periods almost all year round as there are times when UK want to visit ( august ) , and US ( february ) etc. With Paypal it's so easy to manage the transactions, and barring a 3am call from Toronto once (!), :lol: there's no problem.

Best of luck, it's the most time-consuming, frustrating, worrying, FANTASTIC opportunity...!