Stray cats.

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Marg

Post by Marg »

We also have a real problem with stray cats in our garden in Portugal. I think some of the visitors have fed them although I have left a note asking them not to.
One cat was found dead in the pool by our visitors - Yippeee, 1 down, only another ???? to go.
I do like cats but just not here!
I have a feeling there are some plants that cats don't like but for the moment the details escape me - or am I getting confused with plants that attract cats!!
We really could do with some help on this as obviously not all guests are keen on cats
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Paul,
here is a list of plants that are poisonous to cats - there are quite a few - perhaps you could plant some??
Maybe that would put them off...
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

LIon dung is supposed to get rid of them, but it would probably get rid of the guests too, they don't like citrus plants either, you could try some lemon and orange peel.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Wow, Susan, that list is huge and has quite a few surprises. I am going to try a few of them out in my garden here in UK, I thought nepeta was anti cat too? Thankyou :lol:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Fraise, our cats roll in the stuff, they love it. Nepeta (catmint) is added to cat toys too, so I think you may be a bit mixed-up there.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

:oops: Thanks for setting me straight Helen :oops: Think I'd better go and dig it up :roll:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Thankyou for that! It is an insect repellant,so that's good but it attracts cats, not deters them...I won't be planting any nepeta in our French places then. I wonder if some of the people plagued by cats have a lot of nepeta in their gardens? Maybe.. :?
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Hi Paul

Found this article that might or might not be of some use.
http://landscaping.about.com/od/pestcon ... llents.htm
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm