How far do you go with initial enquiries?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Since this thread started, and trying to weed out the 'serious' enquiries, we now give all the usual weblinks (on our listing sites) to our property, and the village information guide has expanded to around 12 pages (sports, restaurants, things-to-do etc., local transport).

We've toned down the directions info. a bit, but it's a big selling point for us, just a quick train ride from GVA airport station (OK, 1hr40m), and a surprise to anyone who thinks they have to take a taxi (a snip at SFr550 - not).

We also offer to send maps, guides, brochures etc., which sounds expensive but isn't, as we raid our local tourist office for a suitcase of bumph each month. In general, initial enquirers who ask for stuff to be posted (about 2 out of 10), go ahead and book.

One day we'll finish our own website, but in the meantime this approach seems to work.

MGoat
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Mountain :D

Didnt realise youve not got your own website yet.....Makes me feel better......Your places do look great..... :wink:

I get a lot of info... from our local tourist office as well.
Sometimes have to make a few trips as theyll only give me one lot of stuff at a time. :D
gh

Post by gh »

Crystal wrote:If we get an enquiry through a listing site, then we always refer them to our website link for more information, pictures of the villa and the local beaches. This more than anything 'sells' our villa for us.
Sorry I should explain a bit further, our web site is only running a few months and we were full this year before it was up and running, so all previous bookings have came via lisiting sites only. A few where we list do not allow a link, therefore, when we received this enquiry recently we had a web site and thanks to Knightowls idea helped land the booking.